Chapter 18: The Battle of The Bounty Part 8: Arin & Sora

(Arin's POV)

"Let me go!" I shouted at Rapton. I really should have been more careful around the woods. "Nu uh. You'll make a perfect little bargaining chip towards the ninja." Rapton said as he moved his sword up to my neck. "The ninja will save me!!" I yelled as I tried to get out of his grasp. "Rapton, silence the boy please. His whining is getting annoying." the Empress said. I then felt him hit my head and the next thing I saw was black.

When I woke up, I heard fighting. I saw that Lloyd was with Garmadon and Sora. As well as Wildfire on Heatwave. Rapton dragged me out of the forest as we walked onto the battlefield. Everybody froze as they saw us. Wildfire got up from where she was sitting and growled. Rapton laughed at that.

"Oh don't worry. We won't hurt your friend here. But only if you surrender yourselves and the dragons!" he yelled as he pushed the sword closer to my neck. I looked at Lloyd and for the first time, I saw that he was afraid. I could see the fear in his eyes. I don't think a fake Lloyd would be able to copy that.

I mustered up all the courage I had and yelled, "Don't do it guys!" Rapton suddenly put his hand over my mouth to keep me from speaking. "Quiet you!!" he yelled at me. I looked at Lloyd again and saw his eyes flickering purple. What he said next sent a shiver down my spine. "Let. Him. Go." Lloyd said as he growled. I had never seen Lloyd this angry before. It scared me. 

Garmadon suddenly spoke saying, "We will not be surrendering." "Well then, say goodbye to your friend." Rapton said. I suddenly felt a very sharp pain in m stomach. I looked down as I saw that he had driven his sword through my chest. He pulled it out and I fell down to the ground. I put my hand to my chest to try to stop the bleeding.

I noticed I was crying and Lloyd rushed over to my side and cradled me in his arms, putting one hand over my wound to try to stop the bleeding. "Arin, you got to stay awake, okay?" he told me through his tears. 'I'm sorry' I tried to say to Lloyd, but darkness overcame me.

(Sora's POV)

I saw Beatrix come out of the forest with Dr. LaRow and Rapton with....Arin?! 'Oh no no no no.' I thought to myself. I realized I was panicking and tried to steady my breathing. I looked up as I heard Wildfire growl. Rapton laughed and that made me angry. I wanted to rush forward, but as if he knew what I was thinking, Garmadon put his arm in front of me. 

"Don't do anything rash kid." he told me as Rapton spoke. 'Ugh! He is so annoying!' I thought to myself. But in my head I knew he was right. He may be a villain, but he does have SOME common sense. I was pulled out of my thoughts as Lloyd said "Let. Him. Go." 'Geez, when did Lloyd get so scary.' I thought to myself.

Garmadon then said something I would never forgive him for. "We will not be surrendering." "Well then, say goodbye to your friend." Rapton spoke as he drove his sword through Arin's chest. I was barely aware of what was going on around me after that. I was frozen in shock. I briefly saw Lloyd run to Arin to try to stop his wounds, but Arin close his eyes. 

'No no no no no no no no no no! Arin can't be dead! He just can't! He was my first friend! The one who helped me survive after the merge! The one who always made me laugh!' I thought. I was pulled out of my grief stricken thoughts as Lloyd screamed as purple engulfed him and he turned into a golden oni.

Word Count: 663