Chapter 13: The Battle of The Bounty Part 3

(Euphrasia's POV)

As soon as Lloyd left, Wildfire started following him. I walked out of the breakfast hall and saw him walking into the woods. 'That can't be good.' I thought to myself. Arin had assigned each of us a task for today. He and Sora would be in the woods looking for the tea leaves for the tea that would supposedly reveal if Lloyd was an oni or not. Wildfire's job was to follow Lloyd, and not be seen of course, to make sure that he didn't do anything bad. My job was to snoop around in Lloyd's room a little more.

That's easier said than done though. I had to make sure Kai, Nya, and Zane didn't catch me. Sora was able to snoop around a little bit easier because the ninja thought that she was asleep. But now that it's day time, it they can't find me, they'll come looking for me. I sighed to myself. This was not going to be a good day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into our room thirty minutes later. I couldn't find anything in Lloyd's room. 'Oh well'. All of a sudden, I heard the ship's alarm go off. It was the alarm for an attack. I swear this ship has a different alarm for everything that could ever go wrong.

Kai ran into our room and yelled "Euphrasia, you have to get out of here! The Claws of Imperium have found us!" "But how?!" I asked as we ran out into the hallway. "I don't know." he answered "But I need you to go find the others. I already sent a message to Lloyd, though I don't know if he got it or not because it seems like they're jamming our signals."

"But what about you?" I asked as we reached the deck of the Bounty. "We're trained for this. We can handle it until you arrive with Lloyd." he told me. 

I nodded my head, unsure of if I should listen or not. 'There's no time for that!' I yelled at myself internally. 'The ninja need you!' So I jumped over the railing and ran into the forest. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came to a stop as soon as I thought I was far enough away. No sooner had I caught my breath than I heard something off to my right. I looked in that direction and saw Wildfire leaping at me. She was trying to attack me, but once she saw that it was me, she tried to stop but she was already airborne. When she hit me we both fell to the ground. 

She got up off of me and reached her hand down to me. I grabbed it and pulled myself up with her help. "What are you doing here Euphrasia?" she asked me. "You don't know?" I asked, thinking that she would know. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be watching Lloyd?"

"Stupid guy ran off and I lost him!" she replied. "Okay. I'm out here to find you, Arin, Sora, and Lloyd because the Claws of Imperium found us!" I told her. "What?!" she asked alarmed. "C'mon. We got dragons to protect!!" she yelled loudly, grabbing my wrist and running through the woods towards the battle.

Word Count: 531

Sorry it's so short. I just don't have the time to continue this chapter. It'll be continued into the next chapter. Anyways, stay safe and have fun!