32. dominoes in a line

It only took until the end of the day for Spencer's world to tilt back on its side once again

It only took until the end of the day for Spencer's world to tilt back on its side once again. In an effort to save one sister, it seemed another had been taken in her place.

Spencer had been searching for Sawyer all morning, then all afternoon, but even Ryan hadn't heard from the girl all day. Said she had disappeared halfway through the night, once everyone was back, and hadn't come back since.

"And you're just now telling me this!" Spencer yelled at Ryan. She was exhausted- from the night before, from watching Rip, from life. Nothing but trouble had come into her life since the Beck brothers made their presence known, but she would have to rally herself once again to find her friend. And clean up yet another fucking mess.

"Well she was texting-"

"Oh my God Ryan, have you never watched Criminal Minds!"

Rip could hear the yelling as he walked over, watching an exasperated Spencer run her hands through her hair. Ryan looked guilty, and concerned, but his eyes were pleading with Rip for some help.

"What's wrong Sweetheart?" Rip asked as he pulled Spencer into his chest. She had grumbled about him getting up but he had reminded her that someone made him the foreman so he had duties to attend to.

"Sawyer's missing. Ryan thinks she's fine because she's been texting but she never came back last night."

Rip looked at Ryan as if to save you're an idiot, while soothing his hands over Spencer's arms. "Well, did you check her location?"

Spencer stiffened, a blush racing across her cheeks as she shook her head, whipping her phone from her pocket. As she pulled up Sawyer's contact, any brewing hope crashed down as 'no location found' blinked across the screen.

"Let's give her until tomorrow morning, if she doesn't show up, we'll search the ranch and start looking in town." Rip offered, knowing Sawyer had been prone to running off on a whim for a day or two before. "You just need some rest Darlin', alright?"

Spencer set a glare on Ryan, before turning her expression to Rip, grumbling but nodding her head.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Rip chuckled as he turned over in the bed, Spencer sprawled across the space he had recently vacated. He had felt her watching him sleep all night, not surprised she was still concerned his lungs would cave in on him. He merely kissed the crown of her head, letting her rest a while longer before he really needed her awake.

Spencer had been the one to call a meeting with Dan, Thomas, and her father. She knew as well as the rest of them that the threat the Beck brothers posed was mounting, and if Sawyer's random disappearance had anything to do with it, there would be hell to pay. She had turned over in bed, the light peaking through the blinds waking her up as it settled on her eyes. As she peaked at the alarm clock, she bolted out of bed, rushing to get ready. The other two men were bound to be there already, most likely all three of them waiting for her to arrive.