bonus 1- let it snow

~Christmas Eve, 2010~

*for the record, Spencer is 20, I'm going with Rip being like 24/25 at the most*

Rip felt a little foolish as he snuck up the side of the Dutton's main house that night. Between the time of night and how cold it was, he knew he should've just stayed in the bunkhouse. But the idea of trying to give Spencer the bag he now held in his hands in front of everyone tomorrow, well that was more overwhelming than he could bear.

He wasn't entirely sure why he had gotten her anything. She had said she didn't need or want anything, knowing her father and the rest of the family tended to buy her more than she could ever think of for the holidays. But when he had seen the sweatshirt in the store he couldn't help but laugh and think about how much she'd like it.

His knuckles tapped quickly on the glass, quick enough so he could shove his hand back into the pocket of his own hoodie.

"What on Earth are you doing out there it's freezing!" Spencer hissed although her voice was only a whisper as she opened the window up to let Rip in. He had scared her half to death when he had knocked, startling her from the trance Home Alone had put her in.

Rip smiled at the shocked look Spencer still had as he tugged his boots off and left them by the towel she kept next to the window for that very purpose. "I figured I'd come up and surprise you."

"And what about the footprints you absolutely left in the snow?"

Rip shrugged, "Santa?"

Spencer deadpanned at the boy, but her eyes began to narrow at the bag he had put down when he teetered into the window. "I thought we said no presents."

Rip began to chuckle as he pulled his jacket off, placing it on the chair before pressing his lips against her hairline. "I think you said no presents, and I hadn't planned on one but it was too good to pass up."

Spencer grumbled, turning toward her closet where she pulled two boxes out, a guilty expression on her face. Rip lifted his eyebrows, as if to tell her that he saw right through her facade.

"I thought we said no presents," he mocked lightly, laughing at the light smack that came to his forearm. He grabbed her hand, pulling her towards him once she had settled the boxes onto her bed. "Merry Christmas Darling."

"Merry Christmas Cowboy," Spencer smiled up at him, and it damn near took his breath away. "Now what did ya get me?"

Rip handed the bag to Spencer once she finally sat down on her bed, watching with a wide grin as she ripped apart the tissue paper. She pulled the hoodie from the bag, laughter immediately filling the air over the sound of the movie still playing.

"This is amazing!" She continued to chuckle as she pulled it over her head, untucking her hair from the hood as she stood up. "What do you think?"

"You look gorgeous Spencer."