37. begin again

Jackson stood on the balcony of the Beck lake house that was overlooking the water for what would likely be the last time

 Jackson stood on the balcony of the Beck lake house that was overlooking the water for what would likely be the last time. He hadn't been surprised when Dustin had called him in a rage, hadn't been surprised when Dustin had asked him to meet him either. He could hear the arguing between Dustin, his father, and Teal, but instead of helping he just looked out over the lake. He spooked slightly, jumping at the sound of a gun being shot, but he didn't turn. The less he knew the better.

"Well it looks like we'll be planning a few funerals after tonight," Dustin laughed as he joined Jackson on the balcony. He didn't seem to notice the war raging in Jackson's mind. "When's she getting here?"

Jackson looked at his phone, the blinking light of Sawyer's contact slowly approaching his own circle on the screen. "About ten minutes, five if Spencer's driving."
Dustin smirked but nodded, "Good."

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Spencer grunted as Rip pulled a vest over her head, blowing the strands of hair from her face as he adjusted the straps. "This is stupid the first thing they're gonna do is make me take this off."

Rip sent her a cool glare, silencing her from complaining more. He brushed the hair from her face once he finished, smiling before pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Humor me then Sunshine."

"You're lucky I love you."

"I tell myself that everyday," Rip chuckled as he looked over to Kayce who had been on the phone with the Sheriff's department since they had pulled onto the driveway. Kayce nodded once, a quick thumbs up as he continued on the phone.

Rip handed Spencer her gun, although he held back for a moment. "Are you sure about this?"

Spencer looked up at Rip with the most clarity she had had in a while. "Without a doubt."

"Alright we got permission, warrant will be coming in with the deputies in thirty minutes but we can enter now," Kayce spoke up as he handed his phone to Jimmy, swapping for his weapon. "Whatever happens between now and then, that's up to us."

"Let's go then."

The door was unlocked, just like Jackson had told Sawyer it would be, but it didn't really settle anything for her as she crept in behind Ryan. Ryan and Spencer had tried to make her and Cole stay behind, but this was just as personal for them as it was for Spencer. And they wanted to witness the downfall of Dustin Beck as much as the Dutton girl.

"I was wondering when you would come in," Dustin's voice mocked the group from the living room. Spencer turned the corner to find Dustin staring at the fire burning in the fireplace, Malcolm sitting on the couch behind him, and Jackson standing uncomfortably across the room.

Spencer smirked as she trained her weapon on Dustin. "Well I'm so sorry we kept you waiting. Malcolm, lovely to see you again."

The man only turned his head toward Spencer, a patronizing smile sweeping across his face. "Spencer Dutton, the woman of the hour it seems. Did you enjoy your stay at my house?"