Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry had only been gathering dust since Dante had left

Devil May Cry had only been gathering dust since Dante had left. The Neon sign out front laid on the ground in several pieces. Cade was pretty sure that if the aforementioned Devil hunter saw it now, he would be upset over it. That sign had cost Dante a good bit of money, which he would tell Cade every chance he got.

Standing out front looking at the facade of the building brought back memories of when Cade was much younger. When he was growing up, he had spent several afternoons sitting on the couch reading magazines while his father slept in the chair.

Cade leaned against his black motorcycle looking up at the building waiting for Morrison to arrive. The broker had called him right after lunch asking to meet up at Devil May Cry. Cade had been at lunch with his mother and two kid sisters celebrating his birthday when he got the call. It must have been a couple years since Morrison called him for anything, so when he did, Cade figured it had something to do with Dante.

He figured there was some news or something to do with his father, but that remained to be seen. Either way, Morrison was running late, which was typical. Thankfully, the weather was a little warm for November, so Cade was content with waiting outside.

When Morrison's old red Cadillac drove up and the dark skinned man slowly got out of the car, it looked as though he had seen a ghost. Cade certainly looked a lot like his father. The only difference between them was the clothing style and the way Cade had his hair half tied back. It seemed that Dante's son preferred to stick with black leather jackets over long red dusters. Nevertheless, the broker had forgotten how much Cade looked like Dante.

"You're late old man." Cade stood up straight as the broker shut the door to his car. "As usual."

"Yeah, so what." Morrison lit a cigar and took a deep drag before pulling an envelope out of his jacket pocket. "I figured you'd wait around anyway."

"It's been a while, but you haven't changed." Cade smirked. "I thought you quit smoking after my dad disappeared?" The response that Cade got was a chuckle.

"Old habits and all, but I see you've been doing fine on your own." The older man strode forward and pulled keys out of his pocket.

"Yeah, I moved out of Mom's house a few months ago and got a job." Adulting was hard, but Cade was happy to be out from under his mother's overprotective gaze. "The pay is good for the most part, but it's boring as hell." Boring was an understatement. He followed Morrison up the steps to the doors to his father's shop.

"You ever thought about going to college?" Cade wanted to laugh at the question his father's old broker asked, but all that he could manage was a snort.

"Nah, it's not for me. Although, Mara has her heart set on being a doctor or something like that." The ten year old girl already had her life planned out when Cade could barely plan out the next day. Mara was too much like their mother. Morrison chuckled as he unlocked the door to the shop. "This place has gone to shit." Cade followed Morrison inside and noticed that without the AC constantly running, the paint had started pealing off the walls from changes in humidity. It had only been four years.