Unexpected

The first thing she remembered doing was looking at the red numbers of the digital clock on her bedside table before getting up and running to the bathroom with the overwhelming feeling of nausea

The first thing she remembered doing was looking at the red numbers of the digital clock on her bedside table before getting up and running to the bathroom with the overwhelming feeling of nausea. She hugged the toilet as she sat on her knees and emptied everything she had eaten for supper out of her stomach. When she finished she grabbed a towel off of the counter and wiped the bile that hung off her lips before feeling another rush of vomit coming up again. 

Roe was obviously sick. At least she thought she was and figured it was just something she ate as she put a hand over her stomach to try and soothe the sore feeling of her abs. It was nasty business and thankfully she had braided her hair before going to bed that night. She stood up to flush the toilet and went over to the sink to look at herself in the mirror before turning the faucet on. She felt better at least. No more nausea and she didn't feel like she was sick anymore, so that was a plus. However, she hated the taste in her mouth so she picked up her toothbrush and began to brush her teeth. 

A few minutes later she turned off the light in the bathroom and made her way back into bed only to be wrapped in the warm embrace of her lover. Her lover who was adamant on going to his shop to wait on a potential client. Of course he had been much better about staying put the past couple months after his excursion to Vie de Marli and into the Demon Realm.

Over the past couple years she and Dante had come to terms with their relationship and of course now they were raising Cade together. Of course, Dante still lived by himself, but occasionally he would stay with her and his son. Most of the time he would come over when she asked him too, but usually it was before he had to leave for a minor job in a nearby town or whenever there was something going on. He had gotten used to the whole co-parenting thing with her, figuring that if she needed him to do so, he would allow Cade to stay with him at the shop for a few nights while she was out on her own job. They tended to trade off, but whenever they were coming back from their jobs or going too, they would be together. 

Roe had finally fallen back asleep when her eyes popped open again and that familiar nausea was back making her stomach roll. Looking at the clock again it had only been ten minutes since she had crawled back into bed and Dante wrapped his arms around her in a protective embrace. She was pretty sure she was going to have to run to the bathroom again and this time there was no way of not waking Dante up. Roe could feel the burning sensation of vomit creeping up her throat as she stared at the red numbers and felt her heart start to race before finally deciding to rocket out of Dante's arms and to the bathroom yet again. She barely made it to the toilet before unleashing the torrent of undigested spaghetti for the second time that morning. Soon enough she was dry heaving as she had nothing in her stomach. 

"Roe?" Dante's sleepy voice interrupted her session as she dry heaved again and instead of speaking a word she just held up the palm of her hand as another cramp of her stomach made her heave again. He stood there in flannel pajama pants watching her suffer and this was actually beginning to piss her off.