Life Keeps Going

It was Christmas again. Another year passed, while the world seemed to stay the same. Roe continued with the cycle of curating the museum, being a mother, and managing to keep her sanity. Not to mention having to deal with her husband, who had been unwilling to do what he had done most of his life. She figured he was going through a mid-life crisis since he was getting extremely close to fifty years of age.

Which was silly since Vergil had no qualms about aging. Of course, if she thought about it hard enough, Dante and Vergil both seemed to stop aging since they had returned. That fact had not gone unnoticed by the older twin either. He also noted that she was aging like any human would, and it was nothing to be ashamed of.

Of course, this was coming from a man who was secretly in love with a woman in her thirties. Oh yes, Roe knew about that, too. Not that she was ever going to bring it up to him, but Dante was the one to confirm it for her. Then her son gave her the name of the woman, which led her to cook up a plan to visit one Anna Lazarescu.

With the commotion in the living room, she was pretty sure everyone was enjoying themselves. Especially since Nero and Kyrie were finally able to bring their officially adopted sons with them. That had been the best thing for the couple since they lost their baby. This also ment that Vergil was officially a grandfather, which threw Dante in a loop.

She smiled at the thought when she worked on slicing the ham. She and Dante had a beautiful family. One that she was extremely proud of.

"Mom, you need any help?" Her son had come into the kitchen with Sarah following close behind him. He had the young woman's hand in his, which only made Roe happy to see Cade in love.

"No, I got it." She smiled at the couple as she put down the knife and looked at her watch. "Maybe you can round up the kids to unwrap presents?" The food was almost done, and after presents were open, they usually sat down to eat. "Oh, you can also get your father in here to help me get all of this food out."

"Okay, sure." There was a high-pitched laugh as Evie came running into the kitchen with Dante right after her. She hid behind her brother.

"Cade, protect me!" Roe watched as her son held up his hands while Dante gave him a look. She had seen that look several times before.

"Look, I don't know what she did, but how could you possibly go after my sweet, totally innocent sister?" She watched with a happy smile on her face while Sarah giggled at the sight.

"Son, if you know what is good for you, hand over the monkey." The monkey being his youngest daughter who had evidently played a prank on her father.

"And if you know what is good for you, Dante Sparda, you will help me get all this food out on the table." She gave him a glare, which allowed Evie to escape into the living room again. Dante chuckled as Cade lowered his defense. "Cade, go get the kids rounded up."

"Right..." He grabbed Sarah's hand and led her out of the kitchen, leaving Roe and Dante by themselves.

"That's a lot of food." He was very surprised that she had made all of this practically by herself. Well, Kyrie did help a little, and Lady had brought over her famous chili-cheese dip. "And it looks amazing."

"Thank you, Love." She walked up to him and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Can you grab the ham?"

"Sure thing." He smiled.

It took the two of them about fifteen minutes to get all the food on the dining room table. The very table that was only used maybe a handful of times a year. Most of the time, it was a collector of dust and junk. Mostly things the girls brought home from school, or the odds and ends that Dante found around the house. Now, it was a place of good memories that they had created with family. Those things that were more important to Roe than most other things.