Rust Bucket

Cade had been sleeping well when all of a sudden he was on the floor trying to figure out what just happened. His father had picked up the mattress again and rolled him out of the bed on to the floor and now he was staring up at his father who didn't understand the meaning of 'no school'. The eleven year old laid there on the floor staring up at the ceiling when his father grabbed him by the ankle and started to drag him to the other side of his bed. Cade sighed as his father looked down on him again with a smirk. 

"Get up. We are going to Berwick." Was all his father said before walking out of the room. Obviously, Dante wanted to take him on some father/son adventure filled with life lessons and bad dad jokes, but Cade could only roll his eyes at that. What was in Berwick? "Now Cade!" 

"Fine." He rolled over grabbing his covers and throwing them on the bed, before going to the bathroom and doing his thing. 

"What time are you going to be back?" Roe was feeding Mara her breakfast when Dante walked into the kitchen to grab his cup of coffee. 

"Probably before supper. I have a client coming in tonight, so I need to be back before then." He went into the garage and grabbed one of the old back packs that Roe had insisted on keeping and began putting some tools in it before going back into the house. "I think this place might have what I'm looking for." 

"You didn't tell him you were looking at a car did you?" Roe was focused on getting Mara to eat her little blueberries and she kept throwing them at her mother. The woman rolled her eyes and picked them out of her bust before throwing them at the trashcan. 

"No, I want him to pick it out." He took a sip of his coffee and put it down on the island. "It's going to be for him and we are going to work on it together." 

"So this is more of a father/son bonding thing." She caught on to what her significant other was saying and tried to pop a berry into her daughter's mouth. "I gotcha." 

"It's one of the things I wished I could've done with my dad, only that wouldn't have happened even if he were alive." Dante in all his wisdom, decided that this was the best thing he could do for his son in the moment. Between the trouble at school and his attitude towards life in general right now, this is what they both needed. "Look, it's better this than hunting demons with me." 

"No, no, you're right. I'd rather he work on a car with you than take up your trade." Roe said as she cleaned the blueberry juice away from her daughter's mouth. "I know you want him to live a normal human life too." 

"Yeah, that's right." Now that was a decision he had made for Cade and sure when Cade was old enough to choose what he wanted to do with his life, then sure, the trade was there. Dante didn't want his children to be in this business of his, but ultimately, it was their decision and he would support it. "Cade! Lets go!" He yelled and shortly after the boy came running down the stairs in into the kitchen dressed in his typical jeans, shirt, and converse shoes. He still refused to cut his hair. "Alright, we are taking the Jeep. I'll see you later." Dante moved to Roe to give her a kiss and then kissed his daughter on the head. 

"You listen to your dad, Cade." Roe told her son as he waited on his father. 

"Grab that bag." Dante pointed to the book bag on the floor next to the garage door and Cade immediately went to it and picked it up hearing the clanking of tools in it. What were they doing? 

"Dad, where are we going?" Cade adjusted the back pack as he followed his father to the white jeep that sat in the garage. 

"To Berwick." His father said opening the door to the jeep and getting in. Cade went around to the other side and got in the front seat after throwing the back pack in the back seat. "I thought I told you that."