Chapter 10

I was not going to lie. Mia was my sister, and I believed that she was very mature for her age and that it wouldn't hurt to tell her about Blake and the others bringing us here by force. By the end of my recite, she was watching me with wide eyes.

"Pig...that's incredible!" She gasped, her little brown locks bouncing up and down.

"I really don't know Mia...what I do know is that we're staying here temporarily...we can't depend on them to feed us, it wouldn't be fair for them," I said hesitantly.

"Yeah," she sighed.

I gave her a wistful look before standing up and opening the small bag I had brought with me. I pulled out fresh clothes for both me and Mia.

"Here Mia, take these clothes in the bathroom," I handed her the clothes and she happily skipped into the bathroom. While she was taking a shower, I took a piece of cloth and water and started to rub at the blood drops on the floor and chair.

Maybe I was too harsh on him...he hadn't done anything too wrong, all he was trying to do was to help me...

I sighed and at that precise moment Mia stepped out of the bathroom with a full blown smile.

"I'm guessing you liked the hot shower," I let out a laugh.

"Yes! It was awesome! I wanted to stay there forever, you'll love it Pig!" She squealed.

"I'll take your word for it," I smiled and headed for the shower too. As soon as the warm water hit my skin, I was in pure bliss. It's been months since I've had a hot shower and I wanted to bath in it for as long as possible but I knew that I had to get out eventually.

I sighed in contentment as I put on a fresh pair of denim jeans and my band tee. That was a really nice shower.

"Come on Mia, let's go," I held her hand as we walked out into the hall. Hmm...If i remember well I think Chris came up this staircase...

As I came down the staircase, I heard laughs drift a bit further. I followed the sound and finally arrived to the dining room. My mouth nearly dropped at the huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling and the big table right under it.

"Hayley! You're here!" Jenny, Blake's mum rushed to me. Her smile was so contagious that I found myself smiling back at her.

"I'm sorry for the lateness," I politely said.

"Oh you're not late at all! Actually, I was about to bring the food out!" She laughed.

"Oh that's great! I wanted you to meet my little sister, Mia. Mia, this is Jenny, Blake's mom," I introduced them. Mia instantly went pink as she squeaked a 'hi' and hid behind my legs.

Jenny squealed and knelt down, "Oh my god, aren't you the cutest little girl ever!"

"I thought, I, was the cutest one, mom," Emily said teasingly, "Oh! Hey, Hayley,"

"Yeah, yeah, but you've grown," Jenny said and rolled her eyes while I acknowledged Emily by giving her a friendly smile. Now that I looked closer, Emily was the spitting image of her mother- except for the dark blue eyes, she had Jenny's smile and sleek brown hair. The only difference was that Emily had greyish eyes but nonetheless was really beautiful.

"Oh! You can choose to sit anywhere while I take out dinner," Jenny suddenly said.

"I can help you," I instantly volunteered.

"Oh no, I wouldn't want to bother you-" Jenny started.

"I insist," I replied.

"Oh fine, it'd be great thank you," She sighed.