Chapter 30

HEYYA GUYS - THIS IS NOT A CHAPTER-

JUST KIDDING

I JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU ALL BECAUSE I HAVE REACHED 50K VIEWS AND I'M ON CLOUD NINE SO BECAUSE AM IN A REAALLLYY GOOD MOOD I'VE WRITTEN ANOTHER CHAP! SO YEAH I KNOW HOW AUTHOR NOTES CAN GET ANNOYING SO I'LL LET U READ NOW :)

----------------------------------------

The only sound I could hear was the loud thumping of my heart. I wanted to shout, scream, tell Blake that it wasn't what it looked like but nothing could come out of my mouth. I was utterly and helplessly speechless.

I could do nothing but watch Blake's eyes changing emotions in a blur. His eyes- which had been focused on me- shocked, dilated and inhumanly. I found my body wanting to touch him but before I could move his gaze had slowly reached Brian. The emotions quickly flitted to anger, hate, hostile.

And then he blinked, as if he was finally acknowledging the position. And when he slowly raised his eyes to look at us, I visibly flinched. I found myself fervently wishing it was anger but no- nothing close to that. It was the worst thing he could show.

Pure, raw pain.

And it sliced my heart. Cut it into cubes, crushed it, threw it around wildly and finally ripped it open. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't do anything except stare as he turned around- his back facing me. And then he descended the stairs, his footsteps calmly slapping down the steps. I heard the door open and then softly closing.

Brian slowly stepped away from me but I kept my face blank.

"Hay-"

"He hasn't left," I cut him off coolly and stared right in front of me. Brian fell silent and tried to reach out to me but I swiftly stepped back. Hurt flashed into his eyes but I didn't see it. I didn't want to see him.

"Hayley, I didn't do it purposefully," he finally said.

"Okay," I blinked. Giving him my back, I opened Stacy's door and closed it in his face. Thankfully everyone was asleep, even Mia was curled up tightly between Stacy and Beverly. My heart slightly thawed but I brought the ice right up again. I opened Stacy's closet and walked to the end where she had a stash of clothes that weren't pink.

Rummaging through it, I was horrified that she had no jeans. Reluctantly, I decided to put up with a maroon skirt and a tucked in striped shirt. Hiding under the stash of clothes, I found a leopard-printed belt and hung it around my waist. I was about to reach for the closet door when I spotted my reflection on my right. And it scared me.

Actually, I found that the outfit suited me but that wasn't what had scared me. The mirror reflected a heart-broken face. I bit my lip so hard that blood seeped out from my pale lips and I was satisfied to see the crimson red paint slithering down my chin. I deserved the pain.

Swiping the trail of blood away, I stared at the mirror determinedly and opened the closet door. The girls were all fast asleep. I took a piece of paper and scribbled down:

Hi Stacy, I'm sorry I ditched you last night. I have a problem so I'm going to go out now to solve it because it can't wait. I also borrowed two of your old clothes because mine are in the laundry due to a mini-food fight this morning. I hope you can forgive me but I'm forced to ask you if you could please take care of Mia? I should be back soon and I promise I'll wash your clothes. Thanks so much!

-Hayley

With a satisfied smile, I stuck the paper on the closet door where she'll be sure to see it. I grabbed onto my bag and rushed off downstairs.

"Hayley! Where are you going?" Sam's voice called out.

"I'm going to fetch Blake, see you later," I waved and closed the door. Now where could have Blake gone?

Frowning, I pursed my lips. I'll check his house first.

I took off on my bike and didn't even bother switching off the engine when I arrived. I knocked on the door and it wrenched open to display Blake's mother. A huge smile grew on her lips,

"Hayley! How was your sleepover?"

"Uh..uhm..It was fine, thank you for asking. I'm actually looking for Blake. Is he here?"

"Blake? He stormed in five minutes ago and walked out two minutes later with a bag. Kids these days, they have such awful mood swings ," She laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Oh. Do you have any idea where he might have gone?" I asked desperately.

"As a matter of fact yes, when he's moody he likes to go up to the cliff. I know that because once I asked Emily to follow him," she smiled.

"Thank you so much Jenny! I'll see you later," and with that I rushed to my bike- barely returning the wave Jenny had sent me.

I pressed on the pedal and my bike shot forward.

I wasn't going to give up on Blake- I had to fix things.

With a new resolution, I headed for the cliffs.