Chapter 26

I was so horrified and frozen that I couldn't even speak a word as Stacy shoved a fluffy pink dress with glitter into my face. No, no, no, no, NOOOO!

Mia tugged my hand slightly before turning to Stacy, "My sister doesn't like pink clothes," she giggled.

Stacy's mouth formed an 'o' shape and she sighed, "Maybe a blue dress would be better, no? It would bring out the colour of her eyes!" She suddenly clapped her hands and I chanted in my head 'thank god' as she pulled the horrible pink dress out of my face. I never wanted to see that thing again!

Beverly appeared in front of me with a skimpy purple bodycon and hot pink heels. It looked horrible but she didn't seem to think so as she walked and posed in front of a mirror. Mia had already changed in a fairy dress and was waving around the wand. Glad she's having some fun.

Stacy suddenly appeared again and this time she had a light blue skirt in her hands. "You have no idea how hard it was for me to find this colour!" She sighed before thrusting it in my chest. "Go change! I want to see you in it!" She grinned.

I shook my head fervently. I was not going to put a skirt on!

"Do you want me to fetch that hot pink dress I showed you earlier?" She lifted a brow and before she could say 'nincompoop' I had already snatched the skirt from her hands and disappeared into the changing closet. It was only when I had undressed myself did I realise that there was no shirt for me to put on. Grinning wickedly, I pulled on the skirt before tucking in the same band shirt. I strutted out in my converse just as she looked up.

Her eyes widened in horror and she squealed, "No, no, no, no, oh my god, I forgot to give you the shirt." Tugging a white non-sleeved blouse from one of the racks, she shoved me back inside the changing room and pulled the curtains. I let out a groan of despair while putting on the new shirt. I didn't even want to look at myself in a mirror. There was a reason why I never put anything that wasn't jeans or shorts!

Already exhausted, I trudged out and looked at Stacy expectantly. Her eyes widened and she grinned, "It's perfect! You look like a freaking model with those tall legs, I envy you!"

My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. She envies me? I was the one getting tortured and she envied me?! This is what I call: insane in the brain. I was seriously starting to regret coming here- now I knew why I hadn't hung out with girls for a long time. At that precise moment there was a huge knock on Stacy's walk-in closet door.

Stacy threw open her door in frustration, "What?" A boy around my age appeared in my line of view.

"Sammy what do you want?" She sighed and the boy grinned, "Am here to see a certain Hayley," his eyes swept the room and when it landed on my disheveled appearance, his grin widened.

I quickly jumped back into the changing room. There was no way in hell I would let someone see me in a skirt! I quickly changed myself in my jeans and shirt.

"Don't you see I'm busy!" Stacy snapped but the boy then replied, "Nope,"

"Get out Sam!"

"Not without Hayley,"

"Why do you need Hayley, you don't even know her!"

I stepped out from the curtains just as I saw Sam barging in through the door, snatching my wrist and pulling me with him. My eyes went wide in shock as he dragged me away from Stacy.

"SAM!" Stacy screeched running after us.

"Run!" Sam whispered and before he could say 'tweedledums' I was by his side and escaping from Stacy's pink wrath. Just before we turned the corner, I sent her an apologizing smile and called out, "I'll be back for Mia!" Her angry face fell and she shook her head in resign.

When we were far enough from hell, I turned to Sam, "Thanks so much for saving me out there,"

"No problem, I figured Brian wouldn't have told me to go and fetch you if it hadn't been urgent," the boy gave me a toothy grin. He had the same shade of brown hair as Brian but his eyes were a grayish colour.

"So it was Brian who did this!" I shook my head in laughter. But then it died when I realised that I didn't have the right to interact with Brian tonight.

Sam didn't notice as he walked ahead. "Wait we're going to be hanging out with Brian?" I asked.

"No, he has a test tomorrow and his mom said that if he didn't revise well for it then he wouldn't be able to participate in the football match so he told me to take you out of Stacy's hands to come hang out with me," he grinned.

Secretly sighing in relief, I asked, "But how do you know that I'm not going to be boring?"

"As soon as I saw you come out of the changing room with the 'Breaking Benjamin' shirt, I knew you were going to be one hell of a girl," he glanced at my shirt appreciatively.

"You're a 'Breaking Benjamin' follower too!" I exclaimed and he nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah! I even got a signed CD!"

"No way!" My mouth dropped.

"Yes way! I bring it everywhere with me! It's in my room right now, you wanna see?" His eyes shone excitedly as I nodded, my eyes alight with wonder too. We came to the end of a hallway and stopped at a black door with 'NO ENTRY' signs covering it.

He swung the door open and switched on the light as we entered. I gasped. All my favourite bands' posters were stuck to the walls.

"Oh my god! I'm officially in love with this room!" I gasped. It was truly incredible. The colour theme was black and white. He also had glow-in-the-light stars and moons stuck to the ceiling!

"It's cool huh," he smiled proudly.

"No kidding!" I clapped my hands. He walked to his closet and started rummaging through before pulling out a small CD case. With trembling hands, I opened the case and in a small corner was a slightly fading signature but undoubtedly a Benjamin Burnley's one. My eyes went round as I clutched the CD.

"I nearly died when he signed," Sam confessed and I gazed at the CD wide-eyed.

I loved this band. They had helped take my anger and sorrow away when I was young.

"It's amazing," I smiled softly as I put the CD back in the case and handed it to Sam.
Grinning, he carefully placed it back in the closet.

My stomach suddenly growled loudly. Both Sam and I jumped and Sam's head hit the top shelf, "Ouch!"

Sam slowly lifted his head and one look was all it took for us to burst in laughter.

"Oh my god! That was hi-hilarious!" I wheezed as Sam did the silent laughter. When we had calmed down, our faces had gone red from the loss of oxygen.

"Come on, let's go snack on something," He laughed.

"Yeah," I smiled as we both headed out of the room.

Food, here we come!