Chapter 38

Blake's P.O.V

As soon as I stepped out of the car, a wonderful smell wafted up my nose and I growled. She was definitely here. I turned over to Sheldon and ordered, "Break into the security system and check the cameras; I'm going to head out with the other boys to find Hayley so take care of Mia. I don't want anything to touch that little girl's hair, am I clear?"

Sheldon rolled his eyes, opened his laptop and started to type crazily, "No problem, Alpha, I'll be done in two minutes and 25 seconds. And for Mia, I can physically fight while hacking a software so no need to worry."

I nodded, "How many guys do you think we'll have to fight?"

"Well, I already hacked the system so I can see through the cameras and there's seven men in total. Two are at the front door. Two in the backyard. One prowling on the side of the castle. Two are inside the house, guarding only one room- I think Luna and Nicholas are in there but there's no cameras in that particular room so you'll have to find out."

My hands balled into fists. I really hope that he didn't hurt Hayley in any way. The idea of his hands on her repulsed me and I exhaled slowly.

"I turned off the alarms, I advise you all to go now before someone notices."

I nodded thankfully at Sheldon and turned towards the other guys, "Chris, you're coming with me to fight the men at the front. Leroy will knock out the one whose prowling and Tyler, you'll take care of the two at the back. You're dismissed."

As soon as the orders were out, they each picked up a weapon and took off. Chris stayed glued to my side, his stare determined and his knife unsheathed, "Let's go save the Luna." 

"You go left, I go right," I ordered and he nodded. We slunk past the gates and hid behind the bushes. The two front men were clearly visible to us but they were too busy chatting to notice. Slowly edging against the wall of the castle, I turned my head towards Chris and on the count of three, we leapt out of our hiding place. The two guards didn't have the time to react when I brought down my fist at the same time as Chris.

With a distinct thud, they crashed to the floor, unconscious. I fist-bumped Chris and nodded approvingly, "Not bad at all."

Chris grinned, "Yup, let's hide them now."

I was bending down to pick the man up from the floor when the most spine-chilling scream hit me like a freight train. My breath caught in my throat and I spun around so fast that I nearly got a whip-lash, my vision blurred and my heart pounded.

The scream was so loud, so desperate and so piercing that it echoed through the doors and into my shuddering heart. No. My body trembled and four voices along with mine resounded in my head.

"Hayley."

I ran.

I tore up the stairs without taking a single breath and leaped into the air. My body metamorphosed into a wolf, shredding my clothes in pieces and I landed on four legs. Two guards standing in front of a door, turned to me and screamed in horror. Ryder, my wolf, tore past them and crashed into the door making the lock break on impact and it swung open.

Something in me snapped. Maybe it was seeing the face of that jerk. Maybe it was because his hands were hooked to her underwear. Maybe because he was on top of her. Or maybe it was because the girl I loved was crying.

A feeling so intense zipped through me and I knew I wasn't Blake anymore. I was Ryder. The angry-at-the-world, snarky, possessive, authoritative Alpha. The one who killed with no mercy. My human body had never felt so connected with my wolf. We were merged into one and more powerful than ever.