Chapter 18

I nearly fainted.

He was here. After 2 years of not seeing him, he was back. The man who destroyed my life and that of Mia's. My fists bunched together so tightly that I was afraid that blood would completely seize flowing in my hands. Memories of how he had hurt me kept hurling themselves at me and I started shaking.

Not out of fright but out of anger- uncontrollable anger. I felt my eyes darken as an intense emotion of hate overcame my whole mind. I saw his sinister figure standing tall and intimidating in the middle of the crowd, his cold eyes fixed on me. I stared back with the exact same look he was giving me.

"Hayley," he smiled warmly but really it looked like it was a snake smiling.

"Nicholas," I spat out, my lips pulling into a sneer. His eyes widened for just a nanosecond before he smirked.

"You've changed,"

"Oh yeah? Well you haven't- just the same plain ol' guy who has the tiniest dick ever," I gave him a pitying look and his face clouded with anger before he became composed once again.

"You've turned feisty and daring. Not to mention hot," he smirked as he checked me out so casually. I nearly shivered in disgust.

"Aw, you little twitty face, you must be feeling lonely now that you look like a sixty year old pedophile and no one looks at you," I cooed.

"I'm twenty-four!" he hissed in anger.

"Joke of your life," I nodded and he took a menacing step towards me but I didn't budge.

"Be careful what you say, you might regret it," he spat out and I rose a brow.

"Are you hurt that I made fun of you? Oops, sorry, I didn't realize you were so touchy," I fake gasped and he pushed me against the wall.

"I was serious when I said you might regret it. If I were you I'd look after Mia closely," he snickered and I snapped. I thrust him away with such a force that he toppled to the ground.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" I barked and shock filled his eyes. I fisted his shirt and yanked him close to my face, "If you so much as come to a hundred meter radius near my sister I will kill you," I so much as growled. He stared at me blankly and that angered me even more. I let go his shirt and he crashed to the floor.

"I never go back on my word, Nicholas Higgins, you know that perfectly well," I glared before turning around and striding out of the underground with a lot of stares on my back. I guess the commotion attracted a lot of people's attention but I could care less. Once Nicholas had uttered my sister's name, I knew that he would forever regret it.

But one thing was for sure; I'd never go back on my word.

I angrily swung my foot over my bike and pressed on the accelerator. It shot forwards and I drove out into the night, leaving the thing I hated the most in this world.

✪_✪

I parked my bike and made my way to the front door. If it was locked then I would climb through the window anyway. I pressed my hand on the door knob and to my immense surprise it clicked open. Shrugging, I silently closed it and securely locking it before turning around. I slightly jumped when I saw Blake standing stoically in front of me.

I tilted my head sideways, "What?"

He stared at me with a blank face for a few seconds before saying, "I'm sorry,"

I blinked in confusion. Why would he be sorry?

"I'm sorry for lying to you about me being...a creature and I understand if you get angry again and leave this house," he sighed and buried his head into his hands. I took a step forward and sunk my fingers through his silky hair.

"You shouldn't be apologizing, you dork but you owe me an explanation," I let out a small chuckle. He slowly lifted his head, his mouth slightly parted and his beautiful eyes widened in shock. I gave him a lopsided smile since I, myself was shocked at my action. I must really have lost my mind today to be smiling at him.

"I'm the one who should be saying sorry. You've offered me a place to stay and fed me and my sister. You've protected me from that wolf and looked after me. I will be always grateful for what you have done for me, I'm so sorry for being so mean and ungrateful before," I said. I really felt bad for everything I had done. All he had wanted to do was help and I just pushed him away.

When he didn't reply I looked up. Maybe he hadn't accepted my apology. But when my eyes finally lifted, he pushed me back and I felt a slight pressure on my lips. My eyes shot wide open when it hit me.

Blake was kissing me.

My frozen state dissolved and I found myself wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him back. He pushed me against the wall and lifted my legs to wrap around his waist. His hand went up my thigh, sending waves of heat. The kiss got fiercer and more passionate; the sparks were crackling and spitting fire as I felt something I had never felt before. Blake let out the sexiest moan ever and I nearly melted.

"Blake," I groaned as he started peppering kisses up and down my neck. When I felt him land a kiss on a small spot near my ear, I let out the most embarrassing moan ever. My whole body racked with shivers.

"I found your spot," he whispered in a low husky voice that sent my eyes to the back of my head. My hands gripped his shirt desperately. I couldn't understand, I really couldn't understand what it was that I was feeling. But I knew that whatever it was, was making me happy. Happy. Since when did that word even exist in my life?

I slowly pulled away from him. His eyes flashed with surprise and he held my waist tighter, "You're not going to go anywhere," he growled softly and I couldn't help but give him a large smile.

"I don't intend to; I just wanted to say thank you,"

His smouldering eyes widened in shock before he smiled and sent my heart rate in overdrive.

And then he kissed me again.