17

Johan came offering something a few days later, it's like he came prepared and was only waiting for the right time to give it to you. Probably that's why he questioned something so irrational and when you gave a positive response, he didn't hesitate and came barging in your home. No words were exchanged when he directed a small vial to float right between your eyes. None of you dared to even question why he just suddenly appeared.

You stared at the small vial questionably. Like before, he didn't say anything and let your mind overthink, to let your knowledge explain itself on what it could possibly be. Remembering his words from days ago, you wittingly solved the pieces and finally spoke.

"How did you even make this possible?" You asked, shifting with a sigh. You wanted to tell him you needed your beauty sleep and that you're enjoying getting surrounded by your jewels. It's 2 am for Freddy's sake.

"I tried out some stuff." Was his simple words as he sat down on some random shiny stone you had in your cave.

"Did you do some freaky shit?" You responded, making the vial float up and settle ontop of your head, playing a game of balance to cure your sleepiness. Knowing Johan, there's a huge posibility that he had indeed done some things enough to consider him as a criminal, if it was not placed under the category of research. He's an Archmage, the Empire could not lose him and so they pardon everything as long as he can fulfill his job.

Besides this research he's done is dangerous. How the heck did he even do this? An all knowing Dragon like you could not even comprehend. Sometimes a human mind can exceed yours when they use it to the fullest capacity. But looking at him, he didn't seem like he struggled even just once. Bastard.

"When researching, it's a given that you do so, " Johan said, already writing something in his notes, a simple light magic casted so he could see,"I prefer if you don't ask what the methods are."

"Don't worry I won't. Don't wanna be creeped out," You shifted. "And praytell, why should I trust you, my enemy, that its working and won't kill me instead? You could have searched how to kill me instead of turning me to a human."

You aren't convinced. Not at all.

"Because I made sure it won't harm you even one bit." He simply said, continuing writing whatever he was writing in there. Not once did he look, it's as if he was avoiding to look in the first place. He can be quite eccentric sometimes, you can't quite tell what he's thinking. And that is why you consider him formidable, you just can't put your finger on him.

"Wow nice answer." Perhaps you'll force him to speak more and convince you to take the risk. If he thinks that creating such a potion is easy then you'll make the convincing part hard. If he didn't find a way to convicne you and arouse your curiousity of course.

"I made it that it'll work one night only, I know how you hate being small physically and mentally."

"Hmmh.." Just a bit more.

"I had already tested and proven it."

"To whom?" And that caught your attention. Your curiousity roused to the fullest.

"Your neighbor. It kind of altered things with him mentally. He may or may have not started to think like a human male. It won't affect you though since I already fixed that." Johan answered as if what he just told you the most normal thing in the world. Still, even Kierkegaard got experimented on huh?

"Damn. Alright I'm convinced," Your eyes shifted to the pitch black scenery outside. "But it's in the middle of the night Johan, your subordinates might as well consider you as missing."

"I left a clone."

"Johan, ever the guy to sneak away." You teased, already making the vial he gave float down and took a look at it.

"Hush." He said, an underlying smile in his face as he turned his whole body away to the side. Obviously your words are correct.

And so, silence continued as you observed the vial. It was almost transparent, turning a light blue when shaken a bit lightly. Somehow it entertained you to the point you shake it for a whole ten minutes just to see what colors it would show. It was childish of you but what can you do? It was oddly satisfying, it reminds you of jewels you love so much. It looks appetizing. You continued to shake it, entertained that it turned much bluer the harder you shake. And it annoyed the Archmage who hadn't lifted up his head for the entire time.

"So are you going to drink it or not? We only have a few hours left." To your surprise the man actually ran out patience and you stopped shaking the vial that magically didn't break even after you have shaken it so violently.

"Hey, how come you're so eager? Are you planning something sinister?" You wondered, he couldn't actually be a pervert right?

"None at all. I'm just curious on how you'll look." Came his honest answer, flipping a page. You wonder what he's probably scribbling in there to keep him occupied for this entire time. He's not writing, you could only tell. But your eyes fell to the bag he had.

"What's in there, a magic net?" You asked.

"Why would I need that?" He raised an eyebrow, his hand stilling from whatever he's doing in.

"I don't know, maybe capture me and sell me off to auction." You continued to shake the bottle as you conversed with him.

"I already have enough treasures to feed you for a thousand years." I'm more wealthy than you, it was like a underlying message but you couldn't argue.

"Fair enough." You hummed, not interested anymore as the potion had already taken your interest once again.

"It's clothes, I don't want you whining that you'll feel cold." The vial stopped shaking, only floating in midair.

"Bold of you to assume I'd even agree to wear clothes, I could tell it's itchy."

"You want to be naked?" You could hear him say in disbelief, for the first time he raised his head to look at you. You were rendered amused by his panicked reaction, you swore you could see the tip of his ear turn pink.

"Why not? Light me a fire instead to stay warm." You said nonchalantly, looking at the vial as the deep Blue caused by your incessant shaking slowly returned to colorless.

"Shameless, you are."

With one swift movement, you used magic to uncork the vial and drink the potion inside. It literally was just a drop and yet you could feel it so strongly. You coughed, it tastes like your favorite food, it merely a drop and yet it enveloped your whole tongue.

Suddenly the whole place was enveloped by a thick smoke, along with your dizzy mind as you no longer had the capacity to see straight as everything looked like as if it had gone upside down and spiralled.

"What in the actual.." A high pitched voice and damn it didn't come from Johan at all. It was yours.

The smoke cleared, no longer enveloping a Dragon but a frail human instead.