Chapter 9

''Boo, the kingx aren't here today'' Tori pouted at the lunch table.

''Archer too'' Amy pointed out, eyeing Ellie carefully.

''Well, at least we can now tell they're friends''

''So, anyway, how was the date last night. I want details''

''He's too shy, as always. I can't remember why I like him but I still do, I mean I wish he'd stop all the chivalry actions and just pounce on me" she sighed, " I mean, do I need to say, 'Come, milard. Devour me!'' she raised her hands dramatically.

The girls laughed and Ellie sipped her drink. She froze as soon as she looked behind Tori's shoulder.

''Um..Tori?"

''What? You don't get it? I mean like our last date, he was a total gentleman. Maybe he thinks that I looked at him like a friend would but that's the last-''

''Tori'' Ellie cut her off sharply

''What? ''

''Behind you''

'' Oh crap! Don't tell me this is the part where I turn around to find Nick behind me hearing all I've said about just wanting him to devour me"

Ellie buried her face in her palm while Tori stood and turn, ''Heyy..'' She turned all mushy at the sight of him.

''I guess it's a bad time?"

''Uhh..yeah, about that. We should probably talk about that, huh?" Nick nodded. ''Damn! Where's the rewind button'' she mumered''see you guys, later''

Amy and Ellie laughed harder, ''God! How does that always happen to her? Hope shy Nick could handle our Tori. She seriously need some dominant male to put her in place and not the other way around'' Amy said in between laughter.

''She will.. everyone gets their soulmate or prince charming after all''

''Oooh. . So, define prince charming. Is he big, strong, intense, hot and just hot and his name starts with 'A'?"

Ellie frowned and pushed her glass up her nose, ''No. A prince charming should be kind, compassionate, gentleman, caring etc.''

''F*** , he'll bore the hell out of Amy! Hope I'll never find my prince charming''

''But you will, someday or he will''

''You read too many boring books. Tell me, have you met any boy close to that description? ''

Ellie frowned, thinking, ''No. Not that I know of''

''Well, you better start searching before the villain got you and trust me, he'll be damn determine too''

''Villain? ''

Amy smirked knowingly.

ELLIE WATCH THE BOYS' practice in amazement. They looked free and confident. She wished she had the courage to follow her dreams too. She'd stand in front of the crowd and sing her heart out. Not that she ever would.

As usual, she stood in one corner and just watch. She resist the urge to jump in excitement like she would when she watch basketball games at home.

After their practice, they went out one by one to the locker room.

''Ellie? ''

''Yes, Coach? ''

''After you're done here, go to the manager and he will give you the money along with the list of things that need to be bought''

''Yes, Coach''

The coach went out too and Ellie began cleaning, she picked up the empty bottles and threw them in the bin. She pulled the basket and began picking up the balls one by one.