Chapter 11

Edited by : BombaySapphire

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''Please Ellie, please'', Tori pleaded much to Ellie's dismay.

''I don't want to go", Ellie whined in reply.

''Please! This is the first time I'm going to a party with Nick. I'm nervous as heck. You have to accompany me!" Tori made her infamous puppy dog eyes at Ellie.

''Why can't she come with you?'' Ellie says pointing at Amy.

''Because I'm going out of town this weekend'', Amy shrugged nonchalantly.

''See! You can't be this cruel!'' she whined.

''I-I'll think about it", Ellie replied with hesitation.

''Yes! I love you',' she hugs Ellie then grabs a laughing Amy. "Don't worry about the dress; I'll take care of it. Oh, I almost forgot. It's a pool party." Tori spoke full of enthusiasm.

''What?" She said it in horror. "But-''

''See you at class!" Tori yelled as she disappeared down the hallway. Ellie wasn't much for parties but she knew she couldn't say no to Tori. Tori would be upset and she didn't want that.

Lost in thought, Ellie followed behind Tori much slowly. All of a sudden, she felt her ponytail being tugged and soon her hair cascaded around her shoulders due to the lack of a hair tie. She turned around and saw Archer walk by.

''Why'd you do that?'' She asked and blinked at him in confusion.

''I don't like it'', he replied with a shrug and Ellie's mouth parted in surprise.

She was out of words. How can someone be so preposterously arrogant was beyond her. He freed her hair because he didn't like it tied. How 'Archer' of him to do that! He eliminates everything he doesn't like; that's how he is. His scent envelops her, and she shook her head vigorously to snap out of it.

''Archer, you can't always do what you like'', she scolds him as if he was five. But the immature way he was acting was proof of that.

He raised a brow as if daring her to defy him again. 'What a bully!' she thought bitterly.

She sighed and stopped her speech as they entered the class. She knew arguing with him was pointless so she mumbled a quick "never mind'' and frowned when he smirked triumphantly. Everyone instinctively parted ways for him as if he was a king. She knew that no one could ever stand up to his intimidating persona as he carried his scary attitude wherever he went. She sighed heavily in hopelessness.

In a minute, the bell rang and Mrs. Miller entered the class, smiling. She clapped her hands twice to garner the attention of the class.

"Okay, settle down everyone. Before we start our lesson, I've got some good news for you all. We are going to have the field trip the students had suggested".

The class cheered loudly on hearing the news they've wanted to hear for weeks now as it was the highlight of the senior year.

''Quiet! The date isn't clearly set but I'll inform you when I get more information. Okay now, let's get back to our lesson.'' Mrs. Miller started her lesson as excited murmurs ran out throughout the class. Ellie smiled in excitement to herself.

''Boo'', the class sang the word and Mrs. Miller gave everyone a stern look.

"Oh, come on. Don't be like that. And Michael, go back to your seat. Today we will continue what we learnt in our last class''. Mrs. Miller started teaching and Ellie listened attentively.