Chapter 20

EDITED BY : euphoria1594

   A FEW PEOPLE PASSED her as she continued. Some girls even bumped her without even apologizing. She understood them as she thought they were just too tired to talk. Some were nice enough to smile and talk to her. Some guys even offered to carry her bags for her which she refused politely. She saw someone using healthy branches as canes. Though she was tired, she smiled due to the beautiful nature surrounding her.

Her thoughts wandered off to her parents who extended their stay due to road blocks caused by bad weather. She felt her legs burning but she somehow knew she was close by hearing sounds a few distance away. Maybe she'll get a branch or two to help her as her breath became short.

She moved to the left, reaching for the lowest branch. Just as her fingers brushed the bark, someone beat her to it. She had positive thoughts, thinking the possibility of the person was someone trying to help as they saw her struggle. She turned to see Archer! He looked good even with sweat beading his skin. She waited but he ignored her and began to walk away. She wasn't surprised because he loved to torture her.

''Archer, I saw it first'' she exhaled heavily and followed him. Then she realized his partner whom he had been ignoring too wasn't there with him! Maybe he pushed her down the hill or something! After all he had no problem getting rid of things he didn't like. She was very worried.

''Where's your partner?'' she asked suspiciously.

''Yours?'' he shot back.

''She's too tired so she told me to carry on without her'' she said in a hurry, ''yours? ''

He shrugged making her gasped again, ''You don't know! '

''Why should I''

''She's your partner. Besides, you should protect her. What if she's hurt on the way! It's dangerous to be alone at time like this''

He scowled and glared at her. Probably thinking of her as a hypocrite.

''Don't tell me you peed on her'' to get rid of her like her poor flowers.

''Why would I? ''

''Why not? You're you'' take that!

''She's not my territory'' he said sarcastically

''Excuse me?'' She hoped he was joking. He didn't answer.

''What are you doing?'' he looked amuses.

''Ignoring you'' she thought he'd get mad but he chuckled instead.

SHE WAS GLAD WHEN they reached the top a few minutes later. She plopped down on the hard floor. She literally crawled to the stream at the side to cool off. She was relieved to see that Tracy made it. Dinner was prepared by sunset. They had taken attendance to make sure they all made it.

''Okay, listen up'' the teacher announced, ''Here's how things will go on. There's a cabin nearby. Unfortunately, not all of you would fit in so the girls will have to sleep in there. The guys will have to sleep in here under the open sky near the fire. We good?''

He was replied with 'Yes.' The guys were cool with it. Elllie sympathized them. But, they seemed happy enough.

''So, now we'll be making a huge fire by the logs the boys collected earlier. So, let's enjoy it!''

The students cheered loudly as the boys move to the centre of the opening and busily moved to prepare the fire, while the girls walked off into the forest that led to a small opening with a cabin in a few distance from the main clearings to keep their belongings.