chapter23

Ellie dressed quickly, getting ready to reach school by 7:30 as they were leaving at 8 but they need to prepare during that half hour. Her phone rang before she took off, it was Amy.

"Morning"

"Morning, Ellie" She rushed, "Did you get any...unusual email?"

"I'm not sure. Haven't check yet."

"Oh. Don't panic if you do."

"Sure" She frowns, what could be so bad about it? "You and Tori coming today?"

"Sorry no. Practice."

"It's okay."

"Good luck and the email. Remember. Bye"

"Bye"

She decided to check her email before she leaves. She did receive a mail. An image. She almost dropped her cell as she open it.

It was an image or her and Archer! From the trip. 'Hottest couple' it says. Archer would totally hate this, she groaned.

By the time she reaches school, the team was busy discussing their strategies. She quietly rechecked their equipment.

"Okay, boys. If you need something you go to Ellie." The couch shouts and she blushed at the mention of her name. The guys shuffle around while some approach her asking for crib bandages.

"Can you patch my forearms with this?" one asks and she did it for him then a few more asked for her help making herfeel warm with happiness. Twoguys even asked her to work their shoulders. She wasn't sure if that was part of her job but she did as they requested anyway. Brian only gave her a smile and Isaac totally avoids her.

"Okay. Time to leave, hussies. Let's beat their asses!" the coach shouts and the team hoots wildly.

By the time they sat on the bus, she saw the other students arriving and were preparing to leave too.

Some bought their private cars while the rest by school busses. The studentswere requested to support the players but weren't forced to go.

"Wow." Ellie whisper as they entered the court. The court was big, almost as big as their schools'. Though it wasn't fair to compare the school with theirs when all funds or donations came from the landlords-the Frosts.

The boys had headed to the locker room so she approached the bench alone. She looked around to see lots of new faces, a few from her own school. She knew she had gone mad because she searched for Archer!

"Ladies and gentleman. We welcome you to Pierson High. As you know, we are about to start the first match here between the Soles Valley and Bridgeton high. Let us now welcome the players!"

The crowd shouts wildly as the players came out. Ellie also stood and clapped her hands. The coach came to stand beside her. The game finally starts 5 minutes later making her nervous for some reason. She hopes they win; they've worked hard.

"Ellie tend ankles quickly. Trevor in. Now!" Coach barks orders. Ellie checked Brian's ankle and was relieved to find no severe damage.

It sure was awkward but she tended to it professionally.

There was this one guy on the other team, he's mean and cunning. He knows how to foul without the referee noticing it. The crowd noticed it and hates him. But, it doesn't matter if the authorities didn't see that. It makes the players angry and agitated.

The other team were leading by 36-43. by second half. "Does it hurt when I touch it like this?"

He groans, "No."He grinds his teeth. Ellie tried to hide her smile. Of course he'd say no.