Intro

It was finally summer and I could finally get out this hell hole of a college. Don't even get me started on the stupid uniforms they force us to wear. This college life isn't for me but my parents insist on it, all I want to do is go to festivals and play music with my friends and that's what this summer will be. I told my parents I'd skip on the family vacation this year to Scotland or something and they surprisedly didn't argue about it. They said "just don't be a hippie dear" and I cringed at the word but sadly I think that's what I am.

"How are you spending your summer" my square of a roommate Cynthia ask
"Probably just smoke my brains out take a few pills and probably get pregnant" I say

Her eyes were wide open and I just couldn't stop myself from laughing. She was far too innocent but she knew I was kidding all the time. Although I was probably going to do all that stuff except for the pregnant part I don't plan on ruining my body like that.

"What about you Cynthia" I ask even though she's real predictable
"I'm going to Washington D.C with my family hopefully we run into Nixon right"
"That con artist of a president? Good luck with that" I laugh
"Right right well I will see you in the fall y/n I'll miss you tons" she gives me the tightest hug

She grabs her rolling suitcase and leaves out the door. I was waiting for my best friend Devin to come pick me up. I met Devin at a festival two summers ago and it was the best thing that had ever happened because his dad basically ran every festival in the world and he knew every famous person known to man so it equaled free anything.

I hear a honk and I grab my small luggage and run out. He's in his Alfa Romeo Spider he bought with his dads money but it makes him look way less stupid and even a pretty decent looking.

"You ready square?" He says as he comes around to open the door and tosses my luggage in the back.
"Don't ever say that shit again" I yell at him
"Oh cmon college girl it's just a joke" he says as he jumps back in his car.

He starts driving off and I feel the air hit my hair and face it felt so good. I love this life but people see this as if I'm murdering someone or something but it's just escaping and living life. Then I just feel the urge to scream my guts out and I do because Devin and people like him really don't care and it's so refreshing.

"You okay there?" He screams
"Yes yes I am" I scream back as I sit back down
"We have to stop by my house my dad is introducing me to some singer because apparently this year to get in the festival we have to take care of her or some bull" he says
"Take care? Sorry but drop me back off I didn't come with you to baby sit" I say
"We're not actually going to do that we can just ditch her there dork" he says
"Whatever" I say as I lay my head back and take in the breeze

I wonder who it is even was though, I can just ask Devin but eh, I feel my eyes getting heavy and I wasnt going to stop myself from sleeping because Devins house was almost two hours away from where we were.

I hear a loud honk and I quickly woke up, Devin did it on purpose.

"Fuck you" I scream
"Good day to you too y/n" Devins dad Robbie says out of nowhere
"Oh god I'm sorry sir" I say and Devin is on the side laughing his head off
"Don't worry I hear it all the time" Robbie says

Devin just turns to me and signals me with his head to start going into his house. I've been to devins before but everytime I came it was different because his dad just couldn't control his spending and had his entire house renovated. This time it was space themed or something but it was pretty cool.

"You guys can wait here I'll tell her to come down" Robbie says
Devin and I nod and watch him as he disappears into the stairs.
"So who is it?" I quickly turn to ask Devin
"I have no idea" he says
"Hopefully it's someone cool like that chick from mazzy star" I say
"She's hot so crossing my fingers" he says as he actually crosses his finger but we quickly turned our eyes to the stair since we hear footsteps.

We see this tall women coming down her face isn't revealed yet because it feels slow motion for some reason. I took a quick stare at Devin and he was already mesmerized, typical boys. Once I stare back I'm face to face with both her and Robbie.

"This is Dua Lipa an upcoming singer from Britain" Robbie says
"Devin" Devin put his hand in front of her not even letting her say anything

She's very beautiful but she looks so fragile and scared of the situation right now, she probably thinks we are some huge deal or something. She shakes Devins hand and finally says something.

"Pleasure" she says and I automatically hear the British accent and try to hold in my laugh.
"I'm y/n good to meet you" I manage to say
"Pleasure to meet you" she says
"These two will be showing you how the festival is and you just let me know how you feel about it so we can discuss your performance" Robbie tells her
"Great thanks Robbie" she says
"I'll be back get to know each other" Robbie says with his phone to his ear ready to call as he leaves the room
"So how are you liking America" Devins says
"It's lovely" she responds
"You dig the guys here?" He ask and I quickly slap my forehead with my hand because it was too funny and embarrassing watching him try to flirt.
"The guys here suck Dua don't do it" I quickly say
"Really?" She says
"No" Devin exclaims
Me and her just burst out laughing.
"Whatever we should get some rest it's pretty late and we leave early tomorrow I don't want to miss not one single performance" he says

We laugh it off one more time even Devin joins in now. Maybe this won't be a pain in the ass she seems alright it's just the accent that's a bit weird and people may not enjoy that here but at the end of the day it's what she sings that matters.

___________________________________
New to this but I want to make the story just last until the last day of summer to make it cool lol. Let me know if you'd like to see anything or just how you feel about this story :)