Encore

I felt something in my heart and it hurt. A bad feeling especially because it is 3 am and Dua didn't come. Unless she's done with me but I don't know something doesn't feel right and it can't let go. I've tried falling asleep for the past hour but it doesn't let me sleep. What if I have to go look for her? Maybe she forgot. Or maybe she already left? I won't be able to sleep till I check.

"Ow my eyes" Cynthia wakes up
"Sorry I'm going to get some snacks I can't sleep" I say
She gets up and starts putting her slippers on.
"What are you doing?" I ask
"Going with you? Look at the time it's late who knows who's out there" she says

I really don't think it's a good idea for her to come because I don't want to expose Dua and I like that but for some reason I can't even argue about it because I'm far too worried.

"Okay let's go then" I say

The closer I got to where her tour bus is parked the faster my heart starts beating. I'm not even controlling my own steps at this point, something else is. Something telling me that there's something wrong but I can't quite even seem to imagine what. Even Cynthia is quiet and that's rare.

"We passed like three vending machines where are we going?" She asks
"You like Dua Lipa right?" I ask
"Yes of course I do what the hell does that have to do with anything?" She asks
"This is going to sound insane but remember two summer agos when I told you I was going to get pregnant and do stupid shit, well guess which one of those happened? None because that's when I met Dua and we had something and now I feel like something is wrong because she was going to meet me earlier tonight and she never did" I blurt out while still walking trying to catch my breath with each word I speak
"What" She says stopping
"I'll explain everything later" I say

We finally reach the corner and behind is where her bus should be. I really hope it's there, I know I'm selfish because I was just telling myself that she deserves better but that doesn't mean I don't love her or want to be with her. I could give her the better she deserves now. Things are different now and I know we can work.

"Isn't she asleep why are her bus doors open" Cynthia says

Okay so it is there, thank goodness. She right, why are they open? Maybe she just now went to look for me but that can't be because we would have passed by each other.

"Are you sure it's okay to be here?" Cynthia asks
"I don't know but I don't have a good feeling, I need to see what's up" I say
" I'm going with you because if they see me out here it'll be bad for us both" she says

I reach the bus doors, it's silent. The lights are off which isn't out of the ordinary given that it's late but it felt empty. I step on one of the steps to make noise and see if anyone reacts but no one does.

"Hello is anyone there" I say taking more steps into the bus but there isn't any answer
"Maybe we should turn on the light" Cynthia says

I do just that. Still there's no reaction, I'm feeling worse and worse for this situation. What is going on why is no one here or if they are why isn't anyone responding? I keep walking around the bus and she isn't here but I smell her perfume.

"what the hell is that on the ground" Cynthia says

I look, my heart stops. A lump forms on my throat, I'm really scared right now. I can't explain it but I can feel myself getting ready to face something horrific. All the hope in my body slowly running out of me.
It's blood. The more steps we take the more blood is accumulating into bigger puddles of it. I can't take it anymore I need to run to where it's coming from.

I drop to the ground. I hold her as fast as I can, my tears also begin pouring out as fast. She's bleeding on me. Her eyes are closed, I don't know what is going on.

"Dua" I say but she isn't responding, my tears start falling onto her face. This can't be going on, I can't lose her. I've lost too much already I love her. I look at her body and the knife is still on her chest. There's a stab on her arm and stomach.

"Don't touch the god damn knife Y/n we need to see who did this "Cynthia screams

"What are you doing call the fucking police now" I cry out

There's no point in living if I can't be with her. This can't be the way we end things, she's supposed to be changing the world for people like me and her. She has so much left to do. She doesn't have to live for me, she can live for herself I don't care but she can't die.

"Please Dua cmon please" I repeat over and over again, crying more and more.
"Y/n I think she's" Cynthia says but I blur out the last word she said because I know what it is and no it can't be true
"Did you tell them to hurry" I cry out
"They're coming as fast as they can" she says

"You're all I have Dua, I know you're still in there and you can hear me so just come to me, if you come back I'll be yours forever I promise, please if you go I can't go on anymore, without you life would just be pointless for me" I cry holding her face close to my chest.

I hear the sirens. They pick up her body from me, she's there I know she is, she has to be.

_______________________________
Alright y'all let's try this, I'm going to continue it 🫣. Thank you for reading :)