Take Your Time

Chapter Two!

Take Your Time

10th of March 2020 - The Los Angeles Ministry

The hallways of the Ministry were silent, it was just before dawn. The Clergy employees were still in mourning, their respects for the deceased former Papa Emeritus continued. Papa Nihil's body had been laid in state in the chapel, he had many visitors of importance passing by his casket since his body had returned to the unholy church. White and yellow roses had been placed around his glass casket, there were lit candles burning brightly in their golden candelabra stands. The chapel was peaceful and welcoming, it was the perfect place for anyone to say their final farewells to the elderly Papa Nihil. 

Light crept through the window above Copia's makeshift bed, his room was occupied not by himself but his lover. Albany stirred in her sleep and rolled onto her back, she shielded her eyes from the early rays of morning's first light while she softly moaned. Her eyes fluttering open she focused on three burning candles on the dresser, the light they cast kept the darkness of the room at bay. Albany had been staying in Copia's room since he returned home, she didn't want to be alone. He never left her side until she had fallen asleep like he had promised, his sweet embraces each night were comforting. He was there everytime she woke up in tears, her dreams were haunted by her Father pleas for help. She adored her lover's constant support, he had been wonderful and caring throughout her grief for her Father. They had discussed the night of her Father's death, her lover was clueless about what had happened to Papa Nihil. His autopsy at the unholy church had shown that he had died from his lung issues, his decades of unhealthy choices had finally caught up with him.

Albany remained motionless in the bed, she had decided to visit her Father in the chapel this morning. She had given herself a few days to process the news about her Father's death, but she felt ready to see him now. Sitting up on the mattress Albany pulled the blankets back and stretched her arms above her head, she gave herself a moment to wake up before she got to her feet. Copia was nowhere to be seen, he often disappeared before she awoke. Walking towards the bathroom she turned the light on and locked the door behind her, she didn't want to be disturbed by her lover while she was indisposed. Copia had barged into the bathroom countless times to use the toilet when she was in the shower or brushing her teeth, she didn't mind but his bowel issues weren't pleasant to witness. Taking care of her personal business she turned on the shower and made sure it was the right temperature, she wanted freshen up before she visited her Father in the chapel. Getting undressed she stepped into the shower and allowed the hot water to cleanse her body, but her attention was caught by Copia's voice from the other room. He sounded panicked, his concerns for her were ever growing since Papa Nihil had passed away.

" Albany, where are you?!" He asked.

" I'm in the shower!" She replied before she peered around the shower curtain. " I won't be long, I'm not washing my hair! The door is locked, I'm fine!"

" Right, right!" He said.

Albany turned off the shower and stepped into the cool tiled floor, she needed collect her mourning clothes from her dorm room before she visited the chapel. She dried herself and changed back into her nightgown, she then left the bathroom. Closing the door behind her she noticed Copia standing next to the mattress, he had a wooden tray in his hands. Two bowls of cereal and a coffee pot sat upon it, there was even a yellow rose in a slim glass vase. He had laid the tray out with breakfast foods they would both need to start their day. Albany smiled at her lover, he had made her breakfast every morning since he returned to the Ministry. He was making sure she was eating three times a day, but she had heard Sister Imperator giving him helpful advice in the hallway when she was meant to be sleeping. Copia's voice soon broke the silence between them, his speaking tone was cheerful.