Lockdown At The Ministry

Chapter Three!

Lockdown At The Ministry

July 2020 - The Los Angeles Ministry

The next four months passed by quickly at the Ministry, but the world outside of the unholy church was being plagued with an infectious virus. A lockdown had be placed upon the Los Angeles Ministry, the upcoming planned tours had been cancelled until further notice. The Clergy had immediately stepped in to keep their employees and residence safe until safer times returned. Restrictions had been placed on this unholy place, the outside world was off limits until this deadly plague had eased. 

Sister Imperator had returned to her Beverly Hills mansion, it was important that the higher ranking member of the Clergy was kept safe throughout this global event that was claiming the innocent. The newest Papa Emeritus had been invited to join his superior, but he didn't want to leave his lover by herself at the Ministry. Albany had been invited to join them too, but she didn't want to leave her Father's casket unattended with the ghouls living within the unholy churches walls. She was grateful that she wouldn't be spending her quarantine alone, but she did feel guilty about separating Copia from Sister. She didn't know how she would have coped if Copia had decided to bubble with his Motherly figure instead of herself, he told her he would never leave her side unless he needed an emergency bathroom break.

The clock in the family lounge chimed when it's hands struck five, it was now the evening. Albany had been watching television for most of the day with Copia, but her lover had to leave to take an important phone call with Sister Imperator halfway through his favourite television program. Albany didn't have anything to do since the offices of the unholy church had been closed. The Clergy were still offering their services in the form of funerals for the outside world, their undercover persona was paying the bills for the unholy church while the city was in lockdown. Aiming the remote at the television set Albany used it to access Netflix, she and Copia had been watching many movies and series to fill their days with entertainment. She was undecided what to watch next, it was her turn to choose something before they made dinner. She began flicking through the movie and series options, but her thoughts were disturbed by a voice from outside of the lounge.

" I love you, I like you. Bye, bye!"

Albany smiled at Copia when he entered the lounge, he had been speaking with Sister Imperator on his mobile phone for over an hour. They spoke every day and facetimed on weekends, his Motherly figure missed her little Cardi. Copia also missed her too, his mood sometimes dipped after he had spoken with her. He was trying to adjust without her being around, his life was on hold until things returned to normal. Turning her gaze back towards the television set she continued to explore the categories of Netflix, she was still uncertain what to watch this evening. The seat moving next to her caught Albany's attention, her gaze fell upon her lover. She leaned her shoulder against his arm while her hand entwined with his own. Pulling her knees to her chest their gaze soon met, she smiled at him before she spoke.

" How is Sister doing?" She asked.

" Sister is doing good, but she misses the Ministry." He replied.

" And how are you feeling?" She asked.

" I miss Sister..." He sighed.

" It's okay, she will return home soon when everything gets better." She said.

" I know, I'm hoping this lockdown ends very soon." He said.

" If it helps I'm still here..." She said while she rested her chin on his shoulder. " I'm not planning to leave you anytime soon. I'm here for the long haul even if we're limited to what we can do right now."