He's Back

Chapter Fifteen!

He's Back 

31st Of December 2021- The Los Angeles Ministry 

The Los Angeles Ministry was decorated in golden paper chains and silver balloons, the hallway they used for all celebrations had been laid out for a New Year Eve's party. Sister Imperator had kept her word, there was a reunion of many Clergy employees who hadn't been seen in this unholy place since before the deadly outbreak had began.

Mr Saltarian had attended the party, his conversation had been minimal but he had spoken more than once with the newest Papa Emeritus. Copia had to meet and greet most of the guests, his new role came with responsibilities. He was the representative of the Ministry, he needed to be seen and known throughout the higher ranking members of the Clergy. Sister Imperator shadowed him throughout the night, she made sure he met the right people since his future was important not just to the Clergy but to herself. She had molded the newest frontman since his childhood years, she had guided him until he had reached his chosen career path. 

Albany had spent most of the night by herself, she had stayed away from Copia and allowed him to mingle with the guests. It was important that their relationship was kept causal in front of her betters, she didn't want to distract him. But she found herself watching him now and again, he looked magnificent in his Papa attired. His presence oozed authority, he was showing his superiors that he was serious about his position. Approaching the buffet table Albany took a plate and helped herself to a tray of deviled eggs, there was many food choices at this New Year's Eve event. Meat filled sandwiches and different flavoured dips, there was even pickled gherkins. She ate one of the deviled eggs, but her attentions was soon caught by someone touching her arm. Her gaze was met by a familiar face, it was Copia. Albany smiled at him before she eyed up the rest of the appetizers, her gaze remainded on the table while she took a pineapple and cheese cocktail stick from a plate. They remained silent within each others company until Copia disturbed the silence between them, his voice was soon heard.

" Hello, Albany." He said.

" Hello, Papa." She said.

" You can call me Copia, it's okay." He said.

" I know, but tonight isn't the right place for causal name calling." She said before she took a bite of her party snack. " You're Papa Emeritus in front the Clergy, not Copia. I have to call you Papa, it's the order of things since you're my superior too."

" That's fine, it's okay." He said.

" I'm happy you understand that, Papa." She said.

" You know I wish I could spend more time with you at this party, but Sister says I have Clergy responsibilities tonight." He said, he glanced at his superior before his gaze returned to his lover. " But if I could I wouldn't leave your side, it would be chips and dips just like last year in your dorm room."

" Soft candlelight and some old movie playing on the television set, hot coffee with leftover Krampus cookies." She said with a smile. " Falling asleep in your arms, then finding out there was cheese dip all over the blankets. It took me ages to get rid of that cheese smell from my hair..."

" Don't forget about the little somethin' somethin' with the marshmallows and chocolate moose, it was the highlight of 2021 for me." He said.

 " Last New Year's Eve was fun..." She sighed.

" I wish I could kiss you at midnight, this party is very boring." He said.

" I understand, but it's important that you remain professional at all times in front of Sister's guests and the Clergy." She said with a reassuring smile. " We still have our own New Year party, it's business until then."