Revisiting The Past

Chapter Seventeen!

Revisiting The Past 

3rd Of March 2022- The Los Angeles Ministry  

The next month passed by quickly, it was the last day of Copia's North America tour. He was in the California area, it wouldn't belong until he returned to the unholy church.

The Los Angeles Ministry was silent, but echoing footsteps soon disturbed the silence of the hallway. Albany was carrying a single red rose in her hand, she was planning to visit her Father's casket. Papa Nihil's body had been laid out in his glass casket in one of the unholy churches mausoleums, it was a year to the very day of his passing. She found it odd that his spirit lingered and yet his body remained preserved, she was still trying to get use to his supernatural presence around the unholy church. Approaching the hallway where his body was kept smoke whirled around Albany's ankles, the Clergy liked to keep an eerie appearance at the former Papa's mausoleum. The chandelier above his casket glowed red, there were candles burning bright in their holders. Papa Nihil had been laid out with dignity, his casket was clean and immaculate. The Clergy had made sure that his body was embalmed and his papal robes had been freshly pressed before they had dressed him, his face paint had been redone.

Albany stopped at his casket side, she explored her Father's features. She smiled down at him while she placed the single red rose on the glass lid, he looked peaceful unlike his ghostly form. Papa Nihil's spirit had become restless, he couldn't wait to go on the next part of the tour with Copia. He hadn't been too pleased to hear that Albany would be travelling with them, but the Clergy had decided that somebody needed to assist Papa Nihil and make sure that his casket was taken care of during the tour. Resting her hands on the altar she enjoyed the silence of the mausoleum, her gaze remained on the body of the former Papa Emeritus while she spoke in a sincere tone.

" Hello, Papa." She said.

" Hello, little one."

Albany almost jumped out of her skin when she heard her Father's voice, she hadn't been expecting him to sneak up on her without any warning. A deep sigh escaped her lips while she rested her hand against her chest, her gaze focused on the ghostly Papa standing on the other side of the casket. She wasn't too impressed with his unannounced appearance, it hadn't been the first time he had scared her around the Ministry and it probably won't be the last time neither. Their gaze soon met, she couldn't hide the annoyance lacing her words.

" Oh my God, Papa!" She said.

" I thought you had seen me." He said.

" You really need to start saying something if you're around, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest!" She said.

" I'm sorry, little one." He said, his speaking tone was sincere. " I was taking a nap in my casket. I get tired sometimes, being dead is stressful."

" It's okay, just don't do it again." She said.

Papa Nihil gave his only living child an amused expression, his little mishaps had caused him some amusement. Albany rolled her eyes at him and returned her gaze towards the casket, she preferred the none breathing form of his Father since he couldn't answer back. The silence of the mausoleum returned, it became peaceful yet again. A shiver ran down Albany's spine when a chilly breeze wafted over her right shoulder, her gaze fell upon the ghostly figure standing next to her. Papa Nihil's features were sympathetic, he looked concerned. Albany gave him a reassuring smile before she spoke with him, she didn't want to ruin his death day.

" I can't believe it's been a year since you passed away." She said, her gaze returned to the casket. " I never thought in a million years that I would be standing next to you again. Especially in your spirit form."