Halloween With The Ghouls

Chapter Eight!

Halloween With The Ghouls

30th October 2020- The Los Angeles Ministry 

The old Father clock in the third floor executive suite chimed, it had just turned eight o'clock. The hallways of the unholy church were silent, but that was about to change. It was time to welcome the coming of All Hallows' Eve. 

The executive suite had been decorated with orange paperchains and purple balloons, the dining table had been draped with a black laced table cloth. Candles burnt brightly in their golden holders, the table had been laid out with delicious treats and spooky looking foods. Albany had tried her best with what she could find in the Halloween decoration box from last year, the room looked extra spooky when they turned off the lights and draped red scarves over the table lamps. Copia had arranged some music for the little gathering, he had many mix tapes of spooky songs from the past. He had brought his boom box to the executive suite and placed it on an end table nearly a plug socket, the sounds of golden oldly songs from decades ago boomed throughout the unholy church.

The ghouls arrived and the choas soon began, they had been looking forward to this night's events. Food was eaten and pesto pasta was thrown around the room, there had been a little food fight between two of the ghouls at the table. Albany watched Swiss and Sodo arguing over the last cheesy meatball, their growls had disturbed the game their Papa Emeritus had been playing with Aether. Copia immediately intervened and took the last meatball from the squabbling ghouls, he threw it over to Mountain which made the situation even worse. The tallest ghoul had caught the delicious meaty food between his fangs, he devoured it in seconds and licked his lips. Rain had laughed over the troublesome scene unfolding in front of his very eyes, his amusement had aggravated one of his ghoul kin. Sodo lept over the buffet table before he chased Rain out of the executive room, their growls and screams echoed throughout the Ministry. Twenty minutes passed by until Sodo and Rain reappeared, they had been escorted back to the gathering by their senior ghoul. Phil had managed to resolve their argument and put things right between them, the party was now back on track. 

Albany immediately asked Phil to join them even if Copia wasnt too keen on her idea, he feared the senior ghoul's presence whenever he was around him. She had already invited Phil to the spooky feast,  but he never told her if he planned to attend the little gathering. Phil agreed to stay for an hour or two, he had ghoul reports to complete by the morning for the Clergy. He kept Albany company while Copia socialised with his ghouls, they had spoken and memoriest about past Halloween celebrations at the Italian Ministry. His voice was only heard by Albany, his speak tone was a mere whisper. They both found amusement when Albany brought up the time Secondo got a candy corn stuck up his nose, his night of dares and tricks from his Brothers had ended badly. Papa Nihil had been furious over that incident, his second born Son had embarrassed him in front of his dark excellency. Their Father wouldn't have minded if they were mischievous children, but Secondo had been in his teens at the times. They continued to chat until the clock struck ten, it wasn't long until Phil departed from the All Hallows' Eve's feast. He had promised Albany that they would have coffee together at lunch time, he wanted to discuss a couple of things with her about his departure next month. She had been sadden to hear about the news that her Father's former favourite ghoul would be leaving the Los Angeles Ministry, but his ghoul duties were almost over.

The spooky party continued and the ghouls played their party games together, they were behaving themselves for once. Copia approached Albany and joined her for a drink at the buffet table, but he soon insisted that she should join him for a little boogie on the makeshift dance floor. She refused him more than once since she wasn't a great dancer, but he won her over when he guided her towards the makeshift dance floor by the hand. His dances moves put his lover to shame, he knew his way around the dance floor. Copia's hips swayed to the rhythm of the music, he twisted to the Monster Mash and twirled his lover beneath his arm to Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stones. They laughed and showed each other their best dance moves, they were enjoying each others company. Their dance session soon ended when the mix tape came to an abrupt end, the boom box turned it's self off without any warning. Albany was still within her lover's embrace, their bodies were close. Blowing her fringe away from her eyes she smiled at him before she spoke, they had both built up a sweat on the dance floor.