A Change Of Scene

Chapter Eleven!

A Change Of Scene 

May 2021- Malibu 

The sun was shining brightly in the californian sky, there wasn't a single white cloud to be seen. The day was hot and the ocean was tranquil, it was the perfect weather for a mini vacation in Malibu.

Albany and Copia were spending a week by the coast, their dream beach getaway had finally been allowed after months of quarantining at the Los Angeles Ministry. Mr Saltarian was still staying at his beach house, but the other beach house the Clergy owned near the rock pools was vacant. It was smaller and located near the other end of the coastline, but the views from the beach were still breathtaking. 

Albany was lounging on the balcony with hot beverage, she was enjoying the evening's sunny weather. It had been years since she'd had a proper vacation, it was even better since she could spend it with her lover without hiding their relationship from others. Copia was taking a nap on a lounger not far away from her, he was enjoying his time away from the Ministry. The lovers had spent their morning eating breakfast in bed and indulging in the sins of the flesh, they were enjoying their time together away from the prying eyes of the Clergy. They had already planned what they would be doing for the rest of the week, it was their time to relax. Today they had walked bare foot along the beach, they had collected seashells and had a quick paddle in the ocean. They had also seen Mr Saltarian practicing Tai Chi by the rock pools, but he had given Copia a rude gesture and devil horns sign when he had waved at him. His behaviour had confused them both, they had no idea why he had acted that way since they were on good terms with the Clergy employee.

An amused smile crept across Albany's features when she heard her lover mumbling in his sleep, she curiously watched him. She had heard him talking a couple of times in his sleep about his rats since they had arrived at the beach house, he said the most amusing things when he slept. A seagull landing on the balcony railing near Copia disturbed her thoughts, she immediately got to her feet and shooed it away with a newspaper. The seagulls had been pestering Copia since he tried to throw a rock at one of them for taking a shit in his coffee cup, the birds seemed to have a vendetta with him. The seagull flew away and joined it's fellow sea dwelling birds in the shallows of the ocean, she then kissed her lover's forehead before she headed inside the beach house. Albany had a few things she needed to do before she began preparing their evening meal, it was getting late. Entering the kitchen she placed the newspaper on the counter side and put her empty cup in the dishwasher with the rest of the dirty plates, but a knock at the front door caught her attention. She was unsure who would be visiting them at this hour, there wasn't many Clergy members that knew they were on vacation this week.

Closing the dishwasher's door Albany switched it on before she began walking along the hallway, she could see an outline of a person standing on the doorstep. She stopped for a moment and took the beach house keys from a bowl, they weren't expecting any visitors. Albany hesitantly unlocked the door and slowly opened it, her gaze was met by a familiar face. It was Sister Imperator, she was dressed in her formal attire. She was surprised by her superior's unannounced visit, she was curious about why she was here. They stood silently for a couple of seconds, but Albany's voice soon broke the silence between them. 

" Sister Imperator." She said with a polite smile. " What are you doing here?"

" I thought I'd drop by since I was in the area, it's so lovely to see you in person again." Sister said, her gaze wandered towards the hallway behind her. " Is Cardi with you?"

" Copia is on the balcony, he's taking a siesta." She replied.

" I hate to disturb him, but I need to speak with him." Sister said, her hands cupped together. " It's important."