Mystery Solved

Chapter Seven!

Mystery Solved

September 2020- The Los Angeles Ministry 

The next few days passed by quickly after the supernatural events that had occurred in Papa Nihil's office, the unholy church had become peaceful once again. There had been an investigation by the late Papa Nihil's former favourite ghoul, he had managed to get to the bottom of which ghoul had been in the deceased Papa's office where Albany had her fright. 

Albany had accompanied Phil to the lower chambers of the Ministry, their way had been guided by a metal latern. The dimly lit hallways and dark open doorways where the ghouls lurked were unsettling. There was no windows or natural daylight, the ghouls slept on metal bunks with feathered pillows and woollen blankets for comfort. She had no idea that they lived beneath the unholy church, she had always been told that they lived within the stone walls. The culprit was soon revealed to her, it turned out that the smallest ghoul of the Copia's bandmates was the one behind the supernatural events that had occurred days ago in Papa Nihil's office. 

Phil had forced Sodo to apologise to Albany over his cruel prank in front of his ghoul kin, the experience for the smallest ghoul had been humiliating. Sodo had overheard Albany saying things about him in the hallway on the night of Phil's arrival which caused the little grudge, she hadn't realised she had upset him. The smallest ghoul's voice remained unheard, but his body posture and hand gestures told a different story. Albany was unsure if his apology was genuine, his eyes gave away the rage he was feeling over the situation he had found himself in. She had apologised to him too, she didn't want any bad vibes between them since they both lived at the Los Angeles Ministry.

The unholy church was silent, it was Saturday afternoon. Albany was sitting on one of the armchairs in library, she had a blanket draped over her legs and a hot cup of coffee on the side table. The fireplace had been lit, there was daylight creeping through a gap between the dark heavy curtains. Albany had spent the last hour with her nose stuck in a book, it was the only place she could get some peace. The ghouls had been hanging around Copia this morning at the breakfast table, they were demanding his attention since they were getting restless due to the lack of touring. Albany had decided to take her leave, she didn't feel comfortable around the ghouls since she had been spooked by Sodo in her Father's office. She felt like they were judging her over her close relationship with Phil, it wasn't her fault that she had been raised by her Father's favourite former ghoul due to the lack of nannies. She planned to avoid the ghouls today, it may settle the tension between them if she remained hidden from their sight. 

A chilly draft caused Albany to shiver, she brought her knees to her chest and snuggled down in the armchair. She drank some of her coffee and continued to read her chosen book, but footsteps entering the library caught her attention. Her gaze remained on the opening between two bookcases, she listened to the approaching footsteps. It wasn't long until she saw a familiar face, it was Copia. A smile crept across her features when she heard a cheerful sound escaping his lips, her lover had found her hiding place amongst the books of the unholy church. His voice was soon heard, he was pleased to see his lover.

" There you are, Albany!" He said.

" Hello, Copia." She said while she closed her book. " Do you need me for something?"

" I was wondering if you would like to join me and the ghouls for a board game extravaganza?" He asked.

" What's a board game extravaganza?" She asked.

" I don't know, but it sounded more impressive when I said it inside of my head." He replied.

" Just a normal board game then?" She asked.