Jesus Is Coming

Chapter 30!

Jesus Is Coming

23rd of December 2022- The Los Angeles Ministry

*****************************

The lounge was dimly lit and cosy, there was a Christmas tree decorated with red lights in the corner of the room. Red and gold paper chains hung from the ceiling, there was mistletoe hanging in the open doorway. The fireplace was roaring and a holly runner had been draped over the mantelpiece, there was candles burning brightly in their holders. The scent of cinnamon and apple cookies lingered in the air. The coffee table was laid out with festive snacks and hot beverages on coasters, a half eaten box of chocolates sat on top of a pile of books. The evening was comfortable at the Ministry, the festive holiday was creeping ever closer.

Albany was sitting on Papa Nihil's favourite armchair whilst she watched an old Christmas movie, she was keeping her Father's seat warm since he was taking a nap in his casket. She hadn't done anything productive today, the Ministry was now winding down for the upcoming holidays. Her gaze wandering around the room she took a sip of her coffee, her superiors were busy with their set task for the evening. 

Sister was sitting on the couch, she was going through some last minute paperwork before Krampus Eve. Copia was sitting next to the fireplace, his legs were crossed and his gaze was focused on his list before him. There was a notepad resting on his knee, he was writing his Krampus wishlist. He had done this every year since he was a little boy, it was a family tradition between him and Sister Imperator. Taking a chocolate chip cookie from a plate Albany dipped it into her coffee, she sighed deeply to herself while she took a bite of the delicious treat. Her focus remained on the television set until Copia caught her attention, their gaze soon met. Curiosity graced his features, his speaking tone was soft.

" Are you going to write a Krampus list?" He asked 

" What's a Krampus list?" She asked.

" It's like a Christmas list, but to Krampus instead of Santa." He said while he held his notepad towards his lover. " You can take a peek at mine, it may give you some ideas."

" It's okay. I'm not exactly expecting anything for Krampus." She said.

" Why not?" He asked.

" Papa is dead, he's not capable of buying gifts." She replied, her fingers curled around her cup. " Then again he's never really brought me any Krampus gifts since I was a child, it's something I've gotten use to over the decades."

" That's not good." He said.

" Luckily I can go to the mall for the festive sales, it's about time I spent some of my inheritance from my Father." She said.

" Good thinking." He said, he glanced away for a brief moment before he lowered his voice. " Can I come too?"

" Of course." She said with a smile. " Who else is going to carry my shopping bags for me?"

" True that, it's my job to do that." He said. 

" And what a great job you do." She said.

" Thank you for noticing, baby." He said.

Albany smiled at her lover before she took another bite of her cookie, he had always insisted on carrying her shopping bags whenever they visited any malls in the Los Angeles area. He had even gotten flustered in a boutique store once when he accidentally knocked over a mannequin wearing lacey lingerie from it's stand. The brazier somehow released itself from the mannequin, it had gotten stuck on the back of an early customer's coat before they had left the store. It had caused the alarms to sound due to the security tag on the lingerie, it had been an embarrassing moment for Papa Emeritus IV. They rarely got to venture outside of the Ministry together since Papa Nihil's resurrection, her Father haunted her every movement if he wasn't taking a nap in his casket. Albany's attention was caught by Sister's voice, she was putting some of the files into her briefcase.