Training At The Beach

Chapter 27!

Training At The Beach

15th of October 2022- The Beach House, Malibu

The morning soon came, the day was bright and sunny. It was just after 9am, the beach house stirred with life. Sister Imperator had prepared breakfast for Copia, he had a long day ahead of him. Mr Saltarian was already planning their training schedule, he planned not to go easy on the newest Papa Emeritus.

Albany had eaten her breakfast with Sister Imperator, the deceased Papa Nihil had kept them company. He asked them now and again to turn the pages in his newspaper. Mr Saltarian and Copia were already outside on the balcony, they had be sparing for most of the morning. When Albany and her superiors finally joined them on the balcony Mr Saltarian suggested that he would take Copia to the shoreline, he wanted to speak to him in private and show him a couple of self-defense moves before they left this evening. Papa Nihil and Sister settled down on some loungers while Albany took in the sights from the beach house, the view beyond the balcony was delightful. 

The coastline hadn't changed much since she had last visited it with Copia. The ocean was rolling onto the shore and the seagulls were gliding overhead, the ambience of the coast was peaceful. An amused smile crept across Albany's features when Copia caught her attention, he was mimicking some karate moves from The Karate Kid movie. Mr Saltarian didn't look too impressed with the newest Papa Emeritus, his playful behaviour was infuriating him. It seemed like Copia wasn't taking his superior's training seriously, but he had been stressing over it for months. He was only trying to make light of the serious situation. An airy laugh escaped Albany's lips when her lover mimicked a video game fireball move from Mortal Komat at Mr Saltarian, but her amusement soon caught the attention of her Father. She looked at him over her shoulder when he cleared his throat, his voice was stern.

" And what are you laughing at, little one?" Papa asked.

" I'm just watching Mr Saltarian training Copia." Albany replied.

" Did the boy fall?" Papa asked.

" No, Papa." Albany said.

" Then why were you laughing?" Papa asked.

" I wasn't really laughing at anything, but I find Tia Chi fascinating. It's kind of therapeutically." Albany said before she turned around to face her Father. " Also it reminded me of that one scene from The Karate Kid where they're practicing on the beach. The thought tickled me for a moment."

" I do like that movie." Papa said.

" Me too." Albany said.

" But come away from there, it's getting too sunny." Papa said

" I'm fine where I'm standing." Albany said.

" I don't want you watching the boy!" Papa grumbled.

" Oh leave her alone, Papa!" Sister said, her gaze was fixed on her former lover. " She's allowed to enjoy the view and the sunshine, it's not her fault if Mr Saltarian is training Cardi directly in front of the beach house."

" Come and sit down, little one!" Papa said, he motioned his hand towards the empty lounger next to him. " You should be relaxing, we'll be leaving for the Ministry this evening. Besides, I could do with the company."

" You're not exactly alone on the balcony, Papa." Albany said, she shaded her eyes from the sun with her hand. " I can speak with you from here."

" I can't see you because of the sun, it's too damn bright!" Papa said, his speaking tone was pitiful. " Come and sit with your Papa, I want to spend sometime with you. I may not have long left in my ghostly form..."