An Outing With Two Papas.

Chapter 23!

An Outing With Two Papas. 

9th of May 2022 - Madrid, Spain

The Imperatour continued to be a success, the band and it's crew continued to work hard while they travelled through Europe. The Clergy were pleased with their new Papa Emeritus, his charm was enchanting thousands of fans. Copia had performed his ritual at the Palacio Vistalegre arena with his ghouls and ghoulettes, their night had been successful. Their fans adored them, the elderly Papa Nihil's saxophone solo was going down a storm. Everything was going to plan, their popularity was ever growing.

The day was sunny, the bustling city of Madrid was filled with tourists and citizens. Albany had arranged a trip to a museum called Prado Museum, it was the main Spanish national art museum of Madrid. She thought it was about time that the quarrelling Papas spent some quality time together before they travelled to Austria. She was fed up of their disagreements and arguments on the tour bus, she wanted to see if a change of scene would ease the tension between them.

Papa Nihil had possessed his body, his deceased human form had been resurrected for a few hours while they ventured across the city. They had changed his papal robes for something more causal. They had dressed him in a simple suit with a fedora, it was the only option they had without drawing any attention to themselves on their little outing. Copia was wearing his red tracksuit and some sunglasses, he was trying his best to stay unnoticed by acting like a tourist. He had a map tucked beneath his arm, he had brought himself yo-yo from a souvenir store. Albany guided her Father and lover across the city, she had mapped out their route before the had left the tour bus. They soon arrived at their destination, the sight that greeted them was delightful. 

The building's structure was impressive and elegant, there were sculptures linging the length of the ground floor with arched windows between them. The columns at the enterance of the building gave it an Ancient Rome appearance, the grounds were lush and green with vegetation. The Statue of Velàzques was placed on the main pathway, he was sitting on a chair with a palette in one hand and a paint brush in the other. 

Albany was admiring magnificent sculpture with her Father, but her attention was soon caught by her lover when he gently nudged her with his elbow. Copia was trying to show her one of his tricks with his yo-yo, he had already showed her Walk the Dog and The Baby in the Cradle. He was actually good with his yo-yo, his tricks caused amusement. Albany gave him a smile and watched him playing with his yo-yo, his playful nature was endearing. He completed his final trick and motioned his hand towards the statue while he stepped forward, his voice broken the silence between the trio.

" It's impressive, yes?" Copia asked.

" Extremely Impressive." Albany replied.

" I've seen bigger." Papa said.

" You know your behaviour is getting vulgar, this is meant to be a family outing." Copia said, he motioned his hand towards his lover. " Albany planned this museum visit, we don't need your potty mouth lowering the tone of our little trip."

" I'm not being vulgar, I've seen bigger statues!" Papa frowned, he leaned closer towards his only living child. " I've seen The Apennine Colossus in Tuscany, it was an impressive sculpture of stone and brick. Then again I've also visited Christ the Redeemer of Maratea, it was seventy feet tall. I do like art museums, the outside sucture and articulate of the building is magnificent."

" It really is a beautiful looking building." Albany said.

" Unlike the boy I appreciate fine art and culture." Papa said, his gaze was judgmental while his mismatched eyes focused on his prodigy. " His mind is always in the gutter, he's lowering the tone of our museum visit!"