Chapter Nine•This Is A Call

"Oh come on David, It's not that bad." Virginia said, straightening out Dave's shirt.

"We've been doing this for twenty minutes." He said through a strained smile.

"Only a few more mom, we're gonna be late." Eliza said, trying to reason with her far too eager mother. Today was the first day of Dave and Eliza's senior year of high school, and their parents were trying to take as many photos of them as they could before they departed for their last first day of high school.

"Ok." Catherine said, checking her camera. "I think I'm good."

"Me too." Said Virginia, putting down her camera and going in for a hug with Dave.

He stood there, embracing his mom for a moment before checking his watch. "We've gotta go now if we want to beat the traffic."

"Alright." Virginia said, kissing his cheek before running over to Eliza to give her one last hug. "Love you too, sweetheart."

After the kids finished up their hugs, they hopped into Dave's car and sped off towards the school.

"You got all of the paperwork?" Eliza asked, checking the backseat of Dave's car.

"Yeah, I sure do." He said. After school, Dave and Eliza were headed over to an official Scream band meeting. They were meeting up with a well known label representative who might just be persuaded to offer them a record deal. Eliza had taken the position of their manager, and she could not let her band show up unprepared.

Scream had been thriving in their little punk rock community, being asked to play shows almost every night of the week. Their hometown fame had bled over into the general music community, and gained the attention of a label. As much as the boys were wanting to DIY their success, they needed the help of a label.

Dave eventually pulled into his parking spot at the school. Eliza grabbed her backpack out of the back seat, and paused for a second when she realized that Dave wasn't doing the same.

"Don't use one, sweetheart." He said, getting out of his car.

"What do you do at school all day then if you don't use a backpack?" She asked while they walked in towards the school.

"Don't ask questions that you don't want to know the answer to." He said, winking.

She sighed, realizing that maybe they didn't have as much in common as she'd like to think.

They walked into the school together, and then found themselves at a crossroads. Dave looked down the hallway, and saw his skater friends awaiting his arrival. Eliza looked down the other side of the hall, excited to go find her new classrooms and meet her new teachers.

They both stood there for a moment, unsure of what their next move was going to be. Eliza recognized how bad Dave wanted to visit with his friends, so she told him to go on, and that she was going to head to class. They agreed to meet at his car right after school so they could head to the label's office right away. Just as she turned and began to walk away, she felt Dave's hand grab her shoulder.

"Have a good day, sweetheart." He said quietly enough so just the two of them could hear. He then bent down and kissed her forehead quickly, but meaningfully. She smiled as she headed towards her first class of the day.

When she entered the classroom, there were only a group of three or so girls sitting in the back of the room. In her typical fashion, she took the center seat in the front row. Eliza could feel the eyes of the other girls burning a hole in the back of her head.

"Dave Grohl?" One of them whispered quietly, followed by a giggle.

"Yeah, I saw them talking this morning." Another responded.

|Concrete and Gold||dave grohl|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें