Chapter Fifteen•I Should Have Known

She walked towards the room that belonged to Dave, knowing that she was about to find out whatever he was hiding. Maybe there wasn't some big secret, and she was just blowing all of this way out of proportion. But there was something in the back of her head that was just nagging her to check.

She walked up to his room, took a deep breath, and swiped the room key. She pushed open the door and gently shut it behind her. She didn't want any of the guys walking past and alerting Dave of her presence.

Eliza stood in the doorway for a moment, just trying to see if anything stood out to her. There were clothes scattered everywhere, and based on the twin sized bed, this was only Dave's room. There were empty beer cans littering the floor, which didn't surprise Eliza in the slightest. She decided to start looking through his nightstand, so she stepped over the mess on the floor and walked over to it. There was nothing on top, so she opened the drawer. Inside, she found a pill bottle with the label ripped off of it. She opened the lid, and inside were various pills that she didn't recognize.

After taking mental note of her first find, she moved on to search the closet and bathroom. After scanning the mess of a bathroom counter, she deemed that there was nothing to be suspicious of. Eliza moved back to sit on the bed and collect her thoughts.

"What am I doing right now?" She asked herself. "What did I expect to find in here?" She was embarrassed at how greatly she had exaggerated the situation. She took a seat on the edge of his bed to take a moment before returning to the party.

She sat down, and felt something underneath his sheets. Assuming it was just another one of his clothing items like the ones scattered across his room, Eliza ignored it. She laid down for a second, and the lump shifted, and was now poking her in the leg. She reached under the covers to move the item. She was confused to see that she was holding something pink, so she pulled it all the way up.

Eliza immediately dropped it when she realized what it was, and she felt her heart sink into her stomach. "It's a bra. Dave has a bra in his bed."

She immediately went into panic mode, and tried to rationalize her find. Maybe someone else brought a girl up to his room and used it. Dave did say they were using it as the party room.

Flustered and looking for answers, Eliza decided to do a larger sweep of the room. She looked in the dresser that was next to the closet, and found the Bible that seemed to be a standard find in hotel rooms. She picked it up and moved it on top of the dresser so that she could search the rest of the drawer. However, when she lifted it, a piece of paper fluttered out from between one of the pages. Eliza bent down to pick it up.

Written on it was an address, one that Eliza recognized as the address to the hotel that they were staying in. Below the address said "Dave's hotel. Room 527." There was a winking face drawn next to it. Eliza dropped to the floor, in pure shock. It was all written in Dave's handwriting.

He must have given it to someone he met, and they brought the paper here with them. He must have hidden it.

Eliza got up and ran to the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet. "Dave's been cheating on me, maybe this whole time. That's why he hasn't been talking to me as much. The other guys must know too, and they've been covering this whole time. It's why Franz didn't want me to come here and they've all been keeping me out of this room. They knew I might find something."

Eliza sat there on the floor for what felt like hours just weeping. She was shocked. Then, the shock turned to anger. "How could he do this to me? That sweet boy David is a cheater."

In a fit of rage, Eliza grabbed the note and bra and decided to go tell Dave about her discovery. She walked out of his room, and just as she was turning around to go down the hall, she was met by Franz, who was trying to get into the room next to Dave's.