Chapter Twenty One•Making A Fire

"You're really going to fly down and see him? Just for a weekend?" Abby inquired as she watched Eliza begin to pack her suitcase.

"Yep. And, it's not just for a weekend. I'm flying down Thursday and I'll be back on Tuesday. I'm still in school, you know."

"Well, send me a postcard from your adventures with the world's most famous band."

Eliza rolled her eyes and laughed. "Believe me, you'll hear all about it when I come back."

She made her way to the airport and boarded her plane. The three and a half hour flight was pretty uneventful, as Eliza just spent it imagining how her weekend was about to go.

Once she landed, she gathered her suitcases and headed out of the airport. There, she was met by a limousine parked by the curb, which held Dave, who was leaning against the passenger door.

"Hi!" He exclaimed as he embraced her with a tight hug.

"Nice ride you got here." She said once she was finally released.

"Nirvana." He said, shrugging. That seemed to be his explanation for a lot of things these days. Which made sense to Eliza. The old Dave would never pay for a limo, let alone have the money to do so.

She smiled and hopped into the backseat with him.

"So, where are we headed?" Eliza asked once the driver pulled away.

"My hotel. We've got about an hour before the party."

"The party?"

"Yeah, the night before big shows the label likes to throw these parties. I don't really care much for them, it's just some people that they invite hanging around a bar. My attendance is kind of mandatory, though."

"I'm good with a party."

Dave smiled. "I'm glad."

After about ten minutes of driving, the limo pulled up to the tallest hotel Eliza had ever seen. Dave smiled, knowing that she was in awe, and helped her carry in her bags. He led her up to his room, and opened the door, revealing two king sized beds.

"Don't worry. I got two." Dave said, winking as he set down her bags.

Eliza flopped down on the bed that was perfectly made, hoping that it was hers.

She looked over at Dave, who was smiling. "You look exhausted. Want me to wake you up in a half an hour before the party?"

"I would love that." Eliza fell asleep almost immediately, and was awoken exactly a half hour later by Dave nudging her shoulder.

"Time to wake up."

She groaned, but complied. She was about to go to a party attended by some very important people. She had to get ready.

Eliza pulled out the outfit that she packed in the case that she would be attending such an event.

She was dressed in a tight black tank top paired with blue ripped jeans. She threw on her favorite pair of Doc Martens and was ready to go.

As he was getting ready to leave, Eliza could feel Dave's eyes lingering on her body. For some reason, that made her smile inside. It made a part of her happy to know that she would be driving Dave nuts all night.

Once they were ready to go, Dave escorted her to the front of the hotel, where a big stretch limo was already waiting by the curb.

Dave opened the door for her, only to reveal the two other members of Nirvana, just sitting casually in the back of the limo. As Dave was getting in, Eliza shot him back a nervous glance, which he returned with an apologetic one.