Chapter Thirty Two•Shadow Dancing

Authors Note: Hi everyone! With my school semester ending and the holidays being over, I've finally had time to update this story. Thank you all for your patience and great interactions, I love you all and happy reading!!

"Oh my god, what?" Eliza asked, stunned. She took a seat on her couch, trying to not let the shock get to her.

"Yeah, I guess the other guy quit. The band's got a new album coming out, and they've got no drummer to tour."

"Are you gonna take the job?"

"I want to. God, I want to so bad. I just feel horrible for Alanis."

Eliza sighed, understanding the moral dilemma Taylor was facing. "I get that you don't want to bail on her. But look. You're just a touring musician for Alanis. With Foo Fighters, you could write. You could record."

"I know, I know."

"I'm not going to tell you what to do, but my advice would be to join the Foo Fighters."

Taylor laughed. "You know what, Eliza? That's exactly what I'm gonna do."

"Yay, Taylor, this is going to be great!" Eliza squealed into the phone.

"I know. I can't wait to get back home. I'm gonna go and call Dave to tell him the news."

"Love ya, T."

"Love you too, Liza." He hung up the phone.

Eliza was ecstatic, thinking how cool it was going to be that her two favorite people were about to be in the same band.

After a few more weeks that Eliza spent patiently waiting for the boys to come home, they finally arrived. She couldn't help but smile the entire way to the airport to pick them up.

She parked her car in their designated meeting spot and waited for the moment she could see her two favorite people again. It came with a knock on her window, and when she looked up there stood Dave, sporting his classic toothy grin.

Eliza threw open her door and leaped into his arms.

"Hey sweetheart. I'm so happy to see you." Dave said as he embraced her, feeling at home in her arms.

"I'm so glad you're back." Eliza whispered, taking in the familiar scent of his cologne mixed with cigarettes.

"And I definitely didn't miss you at all." Taylor said sarcastically from behind the couple.

Eliza broke her embrace with Dave and ran over to greet Taylor. "Oh don't you worry. I didn't forget about you." She said as she threw her arms around Taylor.

The trio laughed as they loaded up their luggage into Eliza's car.

"I'll let the lovebird have shotgun." Taylor joked as they piled into the car.

"So, I've now got two members of the Foo Fighters to deal with, don't I?" Eliza joked as she took off towards Taylor's house.

"Fortunately for you." Taylor smirked.

Eliza eventually made it to T's house and helped him unload his stuff.

"Thanks for the ride. See you tomorrow?" Taylor said as she followed him to his front door.

"Of course." She said. The trio had already planned their first night out in LA together.

Eliza got back into the car, leaving her alone with Dave for the first time in months.

He leaned over and planted a firm kiss on her cheek. "How are you? It's been so long."

"I'm alright. Happy to finally be back with you."