Chapter 22

"Eh yun naman pala eh," Kai took a step closer towards Sasha who immediately backed her upper body when Kai leaned in. She thought their faces were going to collide.

"You're bleeding," Kai informed her.

"Ha? Oh," Sasha realized Kai was inspecting her grazed arm. She twisted it so she could see. "It's okay. It's dry na. Nasugat siguro kanina nung san-san ako tumatama," she smiled awkwardly.

"Sasha, Sasha, Sasha, tsk, tsk, tsk," Kai shook her head. "Parang kiss lang aligaga ka na," she teased.

"Hindi kaya," Sasha took a paper towel, wet it in the sink, then aggressively rubbed the dried blood off of her scratched arm.

"What is seriously wrong with you? Ugh," Kai complained while she made her way towards her.

"Bakit na naman ba?" Sasha asked defensively.

"You're too damn rough. Babaeng toh eh. Paalala ko lang po, madam, braso mo yang kinikiskis mo, hindi semento o kahoy. May sugat pa. Ako kayang i-kiss-kiss mo ng ganyan? See how you like it," Kai scolded. "May cotton ka ba? Ang aggressive naman kasi eh. You need to be more gentle with yourself lalo when you're hurt."

"I am gentle," Sasha claimed.

"Psh. Yeah right," Kai scoffed. "God forbid lola hurts herself and you have to clean yung sugat nya."

"'Wag kang ganyan," Sasha scratched her head while Kai searched for a clean towel, wet it a little bit, and gently rubbed the remaining bloodstain on her friend's arm.

"Are you a bleeder?" Kai wondered out loud while she finished the job.

"Magmamantsya yan. Sana paper towel na lang ginamit mo," Sasha pointed at the towel.

"Lalabhan ko po para sayo, and I promise you, it will be like new," Kai assured her. "So are you a bleeder?"

Sasha shrugged. "Di ko alam, basta alam ko mabilis ako magka-pasa and mabilis din lumabas yung dugo pag nagkaka-sugat ako. Balat sibuyas yata tawag dun? Di ko sure."

Kai rolled her eyes. "So you are a bleeder. Yan definition ng bleeder, mabilis kang masugat and kahit daplis lang dumudugo agad gaya nyan. Madalas din magka-pasa."

"Ah," Sasha nodded. "Pasensya, di pa gumagana utak," she reasoned.

Kai's expression turned serious. "Antidepressants?"

Sasha looked at her in response. "Kai, I hate to break it to you pero antidepressants don't work on physical wounds."

Kai crossed her arms. "You wanna take this outside? Suntukan na lang. Ano?"

Sasha's lips pouted. "Joke lang eh. Pinapatawa lang kita eh."

"Ewan ko sayo," Kai hissed. "Iniiwasan mo lang tanong ko."

Sasha took a deep breath. "Naman eh. Oo na nga eh. I take antidepressants," she finally came clean.

Kai looked at her seriously. "Hanggang ngayon?"

Sasha moved about the kitchen trying not to make it obvious that the topic made her feel uncomfortable. "Mhm," she answered.

Kai's gaze followed her wherever she went. "Do you mind if I ask how long you've been on it?"

Sasha hesitated, but she did appreciate the fact that Kai always asked for permission each time she would ask a personal question. "Yeah."

Kai wanted more, but she knew she was already prying more than Sasha probably liked, so she just nodded.

"You want to know how long ago?" Sasha offered.

Kai shook her head, but she did want to know. "It's okay."