Chapter 45

A loud banging on the door knocked Sasha down on the floor as if someone had pushed her off the bed.

"Huy!" Kai gasped. "Oh my God. Ano ka ba? Are you okay???"

Sasha got up quickly before Kai could try to reach for her hand. "Sssh," she put her finger by her mouth and held Kai's hand while telling her to be quiet.

"Ate! Are you home??? I mean, I heard you're home. Anong gusto mong breakfast???" Penelope asked from outside the door.

"P, yeah—uh, ikaw bahala," Sasha called out. "Let me put your pants on for you," she whispered towards Kai.

"Hotdog o longganisa?" Penelope asked.

Sasha looked at Kai for her preference.

"Pwede both?" Kai giggled.

"Both," Sasha called out to Penelope.

"Spam, maling, or corned beef?" Penelope asked again.

Kai grinned. "Spam and corned beef," she whispered to Sasha.

"Spam and corned beef," Sasha yelled towards the door.

"With egg?" Penelope asked.

"Sorry," Sasha felt a little embarrassed which Kai found too cute and adorable.

"It's okay. Ano ka ba? And yes with egg please, sunny-side-up, over easy, and pwede dalawa please?" Kai requested.

Kai's appeite made Sasha smile so she relayed the order to her cousin who was still standing by the door.

"Are you eating with me or you have somewhere to go kaya you're just going to eat quickly on your own?" Penelope asked again.

Sasha looked towards Kai for an answer.

"It'd be nice to meet someone na member ng family mo," Kai smiled.

Sasha gave her an uneasy look.

"But we don't have to kung hindi ka pa ready," Kai said while softly brushing the back of her hand onto Sasha's side of the face.

"Ate?" Penelope called out.

"Yeah, I'll eat with you," Sasha answered. Then she took a deep breath.

"Okie dokie, ready na siguro yung food in about fifteen minutes," Penelope let her know from behind the door.

"Okay, P. Salamat," Sasha replied. She waited to hear her cousin's footsteps walking away from the door before her shoulders finally relaxed.

"Ang cute mo," Kai giggled.

"I'm so sorry. I'm not used to this," Sasha said embarrassed with how she was acting.

Kai gave her a gentle smile. "Hey, you don't ever have to apologize. Bago satin toh pareho, so don't worry, kinakabahan din ako if I'm going to be honest with you," she chuckled nervously.

Sasha swallowed. "But at least napagdaanan mo na toh kay Omar. Ako, I've never done this before. I've never introduced anyone formally sa pamilya ko, let alone bring them home with me. Sabi sayo ikaw yung una eh."

Kai held Sasha's face. "And sana ako din yung huli," she smiled.

Sasha looked her in the eyes. Then she pulled her into her arms for a hug. "I don't ever want to lose you again, Kai. I'm here to stay, if you let me," she said as a promise.

Kai rubbed her back while they hugged. "I'm here to stay too, Sash. Just please don't walk away again and matuto ka rin sanang 'wag akong i-push away," she replied after letting go of the hug.