Chapter 27

"I'd ask if I can drive kaya lang—" Kai hesitated. She didn't trust herself with such an expensive car.

However, Sasha felt otherwise. "I trust you." Her head still rested on the back of the driver's seat. She stared into Kai's eyes before she got up to exit the car.

Kai reached for her wrist before she could open the door. "I don't think dapat mokong pinagkakatiwalaan sa mga ganitong bagay," she swallowed worriedly.

Sasha continued to stare her in the eyes. "Bakit hindi? I trusted you with my life back at the hospital, remember? Kung buhay ko kaya kong ipagkatiwala sayo, eto pa kayang isang bagay lang naman?"

Kai hesitated. "I know—pero kasi—if something happens, buhay mo din ang niririsk ko, right? Plus, I don't want you to be financially responsible if ever may ma-damage man ako. Ang laki na nga ng ginastos mo para sa bridal shower tapos dadagdag ko pa ba toh?" She reasoned.

Sasha took a deep breath. "I wish you would trust yourself the way I trust you."

Kai felt the urgent need to cry again. "I just don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Sasha nodded. "Then trust me the way I trust you."

Kai frowned. "I trust you, Sash. I do."

Sasha stared at her, "Then go ahead and drive this car."

Kai frowned even more.

"Kai, we both need to learn not to overthink it and just live in the moment. Kinakatakutan natin yung mga what-ifs na yan pero kita mo oh, we're stuck. We're not moving. Kelan pa tayo makakaalis? Kelan pa tayo makakauwi? Minsan we just have to live in the present," Sasha said to her.

Kai felt unsure, but she nodded. She let go of Sasha's wrist then finally exited the car.

Sasha followed suit. She and Kai traded places. When their paths crossed, they stopped to look at each other.

"You got this. You're going to be fine. You're going to be okay. 'Wag ka masyadong naka-focus sa nega, kaya mo yan. You're a responsible driver kaya wala akong kaduda-duda to trust my car to you."

Kai frowned. "It's yours?"

Sasha shook her head, "Ay, sorry. Ikaw kasi ano-anong iniisip mo. Naalog na tuloy utak ko. Feelingera eh noh? Inangkin ko na tuloy toh."

Kai chuckled a little. Then she gave Sasha a hug. "Thank you."

Sasha hugged her back. "For what?"

Kai closed her eyes while her head nestled between Sasha's neck and shoulder. "Sa tiwala at sa lahat lahat."

Sasha shook her head when they let go. "You're welcome."

As the pair took their seats, Kai inhaled slowly. Sasha took the time explaining the basics for driving the car.

"I'm nervous," Kai shivered a little. Her hands were shaking.

"You're going to be okay," Sasha reassured her. "Kotse lang yan, Kai. Sa dinami-dami ng mga tao na trust their life on you, this Maserati has nothing to be worried about."

Kai tried to brush it off by doing a little shake from her head down to the waist. She wanted to shake off all the nerves so she could focus on one thing: get Sasha home safely.

When they were finally back on the road, Kai couldn't help but let out a little nervous but giddy giggle.

Sasha's head was again rested on the back of the seat, but she turned her head towards Kai when she giggled. "Having fun over there?" She smiled.