Chapter 33

In the middle of their conversation, Kenny's phone rang.

"Hala, si Kiera. I forgot to tell her I found you na," Kenny said towards Sasha.

"Hala," Sasha frowned. "Tell her sorry, bumili lang ako ng food."

Kenny nodded while she answered her phone. "Kiers, hey, yeah I found her, sorry nakalimutan kita i-inform. What? Really??"

Sasha and Zoe waited in anticipation.

"Sige, sige. I'll tell her. Okay, bye," Kenny could barely contain her excitement. She looked at the two and took a deep breath. "She's starting to wake up," she was ecstatic to share the news.

Sasha closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She thanked God over and over inside her head.

"Oh my God, salamat po," Zoe had tears in her eyes. The good news made her hug her wife.

"Kiera said pagkatapos mo daw kumain, you should go there. Gusto nya ikaw una makita ng ate nya pag-gising nya," Kenny told Sasha who frowned at the idea.

"Sure ba sya, Ken? Ate nya yun eh, nakakahiya naman na nakiki-papel ako. Maybe she should be there first, saka nako magpapakita pag nakita na sya ng family nya," Sasha suggested.

"Hoy, grabe ka sa nakiki-papel ha. Kita mo nga oh, even Kiera feels na importante ka sa ate nya. She won't tell you to go there if she doesn't think na her ate would appreciate it kapag ikaw yung una nyang makita. 'Wag ka nga. Okay na yung ikaw makita ni Kai pag-gising nya para magka-boost of energy sya. Gagaling yun kaagad," Kenny grinned.

"Nakakahiya kasi sa pamilya nya," Sasha hesitated.

"Anong nakakahiya dun? You're doing them a favor. You're going there first and giving Kai the motivation she needs para magpagaling ng mabilis. Ikaw—tama si Kai eh, ano-anong iniisip mo. Go ka na dun before you miss out sa unang pagbuka nya ng mga mata nya," Kenny encouraged Sasha to go.

"Okay," Sasha got up.

"Ep, ep, ep," Zoe stopped her.

"'By naman, pumayag na eh," Kenny frowned.

"She needs to eat, 'by. What do you think yung unang itatanong ni Kai dyan? 'Kumain ka na ba?' O tapos? Hindi considered na kain yung one and a half mong bite dyan sa burger mo plus one piece of your fries. Eat, Sash. You don't want to disappoint Kai pagkagising na pagkagising nya," Zoe said. Her eyes widened while she and her wife watched in amazement as Sasha scarfed down her food.

"Woah, she a beast," Kenny commented.

Zoe was left speechless.

"Sabagay naghihintay kasi yung sleeping beauty nya," Kenny swallowed while she watched.

"When you're done with caregiving, I think may career ka sa eating competition, Sash," Zoe swallowed too.

"Sorry," Sasha gave them a shy smile and gulped down the last of her drink. "I'll go ahead," she nodded towards the couple while she gathered her trash.

"O sige, sige, go," Zoe stood with her.

"Kiss mo kami sa kanya, ayeee," Kenny giggled.

Sasha couldn't hide her smile. "I will."

Kenny let out a shriek while she shook her wife. "Aray," Zoe complained, but she was smiling the whole time.

"Sorry, kakakilig eh," Kenny obviously felt giddy.

The couple watched as Sasha hurried towards the entrance of the hospital.

"Hey! Slow down! Magka-appendicitis ka!" Zoe called out.