Chapter 25

"Come here," Kai gestured for Sasha to come towards her while her other friends fussed with the crown they were trying to put on her head.

"Lady of the night!!!" Kenny cheered and already handed Kai a shot glass.

"Huy, shot agad???" Kai hesitated, but the pressure was on, so she took the shot glass and gulped down what was in it. "Oh God, that's strong," she made a face while she felt the hot sensation leave her throat and enter her stomach. "Where's Sasha?" She extended her neck and hurried to search for her friend.

"Huy, samahan moko dun. Eto naman eh, iniwan nako," she poked Sasha's bare side which made her jump. "Ano ba kasing ginagawa mo dyan? Naghubad ka na ah," she asked when she realized Sasha took the garment that was covering her upper body all the way down to her toe.

"Ang init beh," Sasha wrinkled her nose while she fanned herself and arranged the bouquet by the table of gifts the guests had brought for the bride.

"Ang init nga. Naka-full force yata yung heater dito sa loob," Kai agreed. She rummaged through her purse and searched for a tissue. "Here," she handed a few to Sasha.

"Thank you," Sasha then wiped the sweat that was starting to form on her forehead.

"Please just stay by my side?" Kai pleaded.

The look on her face made Sasha laugh. "Maka-beg ka akala mo naman hindi mo kilala yung mga bisita mo," she pointed out. Then she took one of the tissues and started patting the side of Kai's nose where she's starting to sweat, too.

Kai swallowed at Sasha's gesture. Taking care of her came so naturally for Sasha, her chest was ready to explode. Then she held her wrist. "I'm serious," she wanted to cry.

"I'll be here, don't worry," Sasha assured her.

"Akala ko tayo lang tonight eh," Kai pouted.

"Ano yun?" Sasha leaned forward because right when Kai said it, the loud music began.

"Hoy, bride! Anong ginagawa mo dyan?! Come party over here with us!" One of Kai's friends started to pull her towards the crowd.

Kai made sure to bring Sasha this time.

As the rest of the ladies surrounded the two, they started dancing.

Kai could tell Sasha was getting a bit uncomfortable. "Huy, it's okay," she held her hand amidst the crowd that started to dance around them.

Sasha took a deep breath while Kai helped her loosen up. Then they were each handed a shot glass.

"No, no, no! 'Tong mga toh eh. Shot agad, wala man lang pakain muna?!" Kai whined. "She doesn't drink," she told her friends while she tried to take the shot glass away from Sasha.

"Anong hindi? Tonight, I do and I will," Sasha said.

"Shot! Shot! Shot!" The crowd chanted.

"Cheers?" Sasha brought the glass above her head.

"Sasha, no. I know you don't drink. You don't have to," Kai was yelling by then. Her friends were starting to get rowdy, she was actually glad they were placed in a separate area that kept them away from the other restaurant guests.

"To Kai!" Sasha raised the shot glass higher.

"To Kai!!!" The crowd cheered. Then Sasha forced herself to keep the liquor down after she gulped it.

"Woohoo! Atta girl!" Kenny and Zoe cheered. "Oh chaser, chaser," Zoe handed Sasha a bigger glass and Sasha drank it.

"Huy," Kai was starting to worry. "You don't drink," she reminded her.