Chapter 42

Kai tried not to make it obvious that seeing Sasha actually made her heart skip a beat. "Oh, good, you actually showed up," she said with a sarcastic tone. She turned her wheelchair to face the woman she's been waiting for for so long.

Kenny and Zoe looked at each other.

"Sorry, di ko kasi alam it was going to take me that long. Nawala sa isip ko yung rush hour tapos nakalimutan ko rin na I changed my number na nga rin pala kaya hindi ko natanggap yung text ni Kenny. I'm sorry," Sasha explained.

"How long did you wait? Buti naka-hintay ka pa," Kenny looked at Sasha.

"Sus, what's a couple of hours of waiting compared to three years? I'm sure Sasha didn't mind the wait. Ikaw talaga, Kenny," Kai interrupted.

"I just thought maybe may work ka pa or maybe you had other plans for the night," Kenny told Sasha.

"No, Ken. Na-taon din na off ako and wala akong plano for the rest of the night. I'm glad nakahabol pako," Sasha nodded and smiled towards all of them. "So where are you guys headed to?"

Zoe and Kenny could feel the tension between the two, but they tried their hardest not to make things feel awkward for the both of them. "Have you had anything to eat?" Zoe asked.

"Wala pa nga eh. Kayo? Kumain na ba kayo? I hope you guys didn't wait for me pa," Sasha started to feel bad for being late.

"Oh, we'd be starving kung hinintay ka pa namin. Tsaka malay namin, baka no-show ka na naman, edi forever na kaming gutom had we waited for you pa," Kai jumped into the conversation again.

"That's good na you guys ate na. So san na kayo pupunta ngayon?" Sasha asked.

"I'm pretty tired, Ken, Zo. I think I'm going to head back to the hotel. What about you guys?" Kai looked at the couple.

"Oh okay, hatid ko na kayo. I brought my car para hindi na kayo mahirapan sana," Sasha offered.

Kai stared at the couple while she waited for them to answer.

"Gusto ko pa sana mag-libot eh," Zoe said to her wife.

Kenny looked at her. She knew Zoe was too tired to do anything more, but she was willing to give Kai and Sasha the time they needed to have on their own.

"I thought you were tired too, Zoe?" Kai looked at her.

"Eh gutom lang pala yun. I'm energized again after eating," Zoe gave her a smile.

"Okay, mag-libot na lang muna kayo. I'll wait here," Kai nodded towards Zoe and Kenny.

"I can take you back to the hotel, Kai. May kotse naman akong dala eh. Sabi mo kasi pagod ka na," Sasha offered again, but Kai only shook her head. "I'm good. Thank you."

Sasha frowned. "Are you sure? You said pagod ka na eh."

Kai nodded. "I'm sure," she said while avoiding Sasha's stare. "O ano? Gora na kayong dalawa para marami pa kayong malibot," she said to the couple. "You can go with them too if you want," she turned her head towards Sasha this time.

"If you don't want me to take you to the hotel, can I wait here with you then?" Sasha asked.

Kai shrugged. "Ikaw."

The couple nodded their heads and walked away hand-in-hand. "Papatayin tayo nung isa mamaya, mag-ready ka na," Kenny whispered towards her wife. "Hayaan mo sya. Playing hard to get pa sya ha. Bahala sya," Zoe snickered.

Kai and Sasha watched as the two disappeared when they turned around the corner.

"How have you been?" Sasha asked Kai who didn't dare look at her.