Daddys get stressed too

requested by: kurapikas_toe_fungus

Little: George <3

Caregiver: Dream <3

long story short Dream is stressed and George tries helping but when he cries George thinks it his fault

* * *

these past few weeks have not been good for Dream.he had not felt this shitty in years.he had so much work to do,sitting on the computer the whole day and trying to get it done,but also having to take care of George whenever he regressed.it was hard,working while George was little,he needed a lot of attention,always wanting to be with his caregiver.

even tho George was small,he wasn't clueless.he could see his daddy was feeling down and he wanted to help.

he got up from his corner in Dreams office and went into his room,wanting to cheer Dream up somehow.he got out his drawing stuff,drawing a green and blue heart before cutting it out.he had a little trouble finding the green,but eventually,he did.he smiled in satisfaction,placing it on the table.

he made more hearts,stars,random circles,making most of them blue and yellow.he put all of his work in one spot,picking them up and going over to Dreams office.

he rushed in excited,walking over to Dream.

"daddy,daddy look!" he pulled up his hand,the papers resting on his small palm.

Dream typed one last word,looking over at George and then at his hand.George smiled,pulling his hand closer to Dream.

"oh,you made them for me baby?" Dream asked and George nodded eagerly,having a big smile on his face that you could see behind his baby blue pacifier.

Dream grabbed the papers,looking at each one before placing them on the table.

"they're beautiful baby,thank you" Dream kissed his head,going back to working.

George looked at Dream.his eye bags were dark and visible,his posture was really bad,his eyes were droopy and he looked like he just got out of prison.George furrowed his brows together,thinking of how to help his caregiver.

he smiled,getting an idea.

"daddy can i sit?" George always made sure to ask before doing something that involved sitting on his lap,playing with his stomach which he loved for some reason,and just stuff that could be unexpected if he hadn't asked first.

Dream taught him that and he always made sure to listen to it.

Dream looked over at the boy,then at his computer again.i mean,he'd just sit on his lap, it's fine right?

Dream sighed,patting his lap "sure honey"

George clutched his bunny,crawling into Dreams lap.he sat sideways on his thighs,leaning in to place his head on Dreams shoulder.Dream continued working,hoping that the boy didn't need anything.

(idk if yall saw the way George sat on Austins lap,but that's what i meant by sideways :] )

he looked at the computer,not understanding how Dream was having fun writing all those boring letters.he was still a baby,he thought Dream liked doing that.

he leaned up,kissing Dreams cheek.Dream gave him a weak smile,kissing his head in return.

George leaned back into his shoulder,satisfied.

however,Dream still looked sad.what else could he do to help his daddy? he thought about it quietly,there wasn't much he could do to cheer him up,he was a baby afterwards.all he could think of was giving him kissies and hugs.i mean,that's what makes him happy,so it should make Dream happy too,right?