Chapter 17

*WARNING vulgar language is in this chapter. You've been warned*

I hear the anguished screams of Bella, as she desperately tries to get away from Haley. I squeeze my eyes shut.

"Fine, you wanna act like that? I'll be right back," Haley says, then I hear her footsteps grow softer.

Now is my chance. I have to get out of here. I creak open the door a little more. I look around the room, my heart thumping. I notice a window just big enough to fit me. Blinds are pulled over it. That's my only way of getting out of here.

I listen to make sure she is gone. I hear far away sounds, her voice. Sounds like she is talking on the phone. Good, she is distracted. I open the door more, and Bella twists her head. Her eyes grow wide in fear. I put a finger up to my mouth. "I'm gonna get help," I whisper.

Her eyes are still wide, tears and scratches marking her face. I carefully step out into the room, and tip toe over to the window.

"Don't leave me here," Bella whispers a little too loud.

"I'm getting help," I whisper. "Don't talk too loud or she'll hear us."

This time, Bella understands and she nods. I lift up the blinds and proceed to open the window. But it won't budge. I try again. It opens a little bit. I swear under my breath. I look up. A frame is wedged in the top half of the window, preventing it from sliding upwards.

I carefully stand up, pull the frame out, and lay it on the ground. I begin opening up the window when I hear Bella shriek. I turn around and Haley is standing in the hallway, a belt gripped in her right hand.

"I see someone is awake," she says, looking directly at me.

"Just put the belt down and let us leave," I say, putting a hand up.

Haley snickers. "Sorry love, can't do that. I'll be ratted out to the police. Plus, I want you bitches to pay for what you've done."

"What did we do?! So things didn't work out for you and Thomas, so what? You don't have to kidnap and torture us!" I yell.

"If I can't have Thomas's affection, then neither can you two."

Haley glances at Bella. "And now that I think of it, I would let you go, because Thomas didn't love you that much considering he broke up with you. But you've seen too much."

Bella starts crying. "Please, let me go!" she cries.

Haley rolls her eyes. "Come on now, you don't want to spend your final moments like that, do you?"

"You're crazy!" Bella exclaims. "You crazy git!"

"Why thank you, I get that a lot," Haley replies, a devilish smile forming on her face.

While they're distracted, I slyly lift up the window sill while I still face them. They argue back and forth, when Haley snaps her head towards me. Her eyes glance at my hands. She smiles. "No wonder you were so quiet."

She walks over, and reaches for my hair. I try to dodge, but turn up unsuccessful in the end, as her knee lifts up and connects with my head. A wave of pain spreads across my body, and I fall backwards into the wall.

I feel a warm liquid ooze down my forehead. I see red from the corner of my eye. I then look up and see Haley's hand, swinging towards my head. It connects with my head and the force causes me to fall on my side. My vision spins and I see stars. I hear Bella's screams in the background.

Exhausted and aggravated, I kick out my leg, and it connects with Haley's thigh, and she falls forward. Her boney knees crunch as they make contact with the floor. She yelps in pain and I hurriedly get to my feet while she is off guard.

I open the window, and get the first half of my body through, when a fiery pain shoots through my legs. I disregard the pain, and try to get my body through the window. I yell in pain, but keep going. I hear the screams of Haley as she tries to pull me back into the house.

She loses her grip and I fly into a bush. I get up and see her trying to climb out after me, but push her back inside. I back away, the world swirling in front of me. Bella looks at me through the window, hope and fear in her eyes. I send her the message that I'm getting help. I then stumble away from the house, running as fast as I can through the wooded area.

I make it a good distance until I see a road and a gas station. Overwhelmed with relief and hope, I jog across the street, just barely missing a car.

I stumble in the gas station, and the clerk's eyes open wide in shock. "Help!" I yell. Suddenly, someone puts a hand over my mouth. I struggle, and turn my head. A guy with a black hoodie and black pants.

This could be Haley's accomplice, but who's to know for sure. I scream and kick, and I see the clerk point a gun at me. I stop struggling, when I notice it's not pointed at me, but at the man who is restraining me.

The clerk reaches for the phone and dials 9-1-1, the gun still fixed on the man, when all of a sudden he lets go of me and runs out the door. I sigh in relief, and sit on the ground of the gas station, silently sobbing.

The police arrive not too long after, along with Thomas's car. Three police men storm in the door, along with Rachel and Thomas. Two of the policemen question the clerk, and one officer talks to me.

Thomas leans down and hugs me, tears running down his face. "I'm so glad you're okay, love," he says, his voice shaking.

Rachel then hugs me, tears running down her face as well.

I'm glad to see them, but I can barely move. I still can't process what just happened.

An officer questions me, about what happened, where I was kept, etc. They call an ambulance to get me fixed up and make sure nothing serious happened to me. Thomas held my hand in the ambulance, while the police stayed and searched for the house in which I was kept. I also told them that Haley had another victim. And that she has an accomplice, but I'm sure the clerk already told them that.

After my injuries are treated, I'm given the okay, and will be allowed to leave the hospital in the morning. I stare at the ceiling. I will never forget what happened to me. These haunted memories will stay with me. Always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So did you like how I used the title at the end there? Not exactly the scenario I thought I'd use it in, but oh well. I hope you guys enjoyed, and YAY justice.

This is not the end if you assumed, because famously, if you've read my other book, I used the title at the end of the book, but not this time. :D

There is more to come! I promise! :)

-crankynewt