chapter six: she's telling the truth.

Lucian P.O.V...

I stared at Lilla unconscious body in my arms as I imagine the night I held Kendra's lifeless body in my arms.

Indeed she's just like Kendra. But apart from that, something seems different about Lilla.

I really need to find out the truth about what happened to my whole people five years ago. And the only person who can help me out is Dracula.

And Dracula is the master of all truth and vision. He can go into the past and view through what happened. But that's only if the person is unconscious. He's the only one who can help me.

I turn to him and saw a familiar smirk on his lips. He know something. If he go through someone's past, that's only when he put on that smirk.

"Do you know something?." I asked. But he just act innocently and denied it.

"What?. I don't know what you're talking about brother. I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed about something." He said.

"Drop the act and spill the truth out." I demanded. But he just grinned and remain silent.

"I said spill it out!." I commanded.

This time, the grin on Dracula face disappear into thin air and was replaced by an expressionless face.

"This truth will cost you a price I bet you can't afford." Dracula said coldly.

"What do you want?." I asked getting ready to hear what his interest was in.

"I need Lilla to be mine, forever." He said and my world of imagination sank into the ocean.

"What?. I don't understand why you need Lilla for yourself." I exclaim feeling really confused.

"Seems like you're already backing down from our bet. Give me the girl, and I'll tell you what I just saw in her past." Dracula pushed further.

"Is there not another way?." I asked. This time, he smirk lightly then say.

"If you want another way to get the truth without surrendering the girl to me, you will have to wait for two weeks till I think of something else." Dracula announced and I grew furious.

"You know I don't have that kind of patients." I coldly complained.

"Then do what I asked." Dracula roared back at me.

"Listen to me Dracula. Whatsoever barrister Austin did to us is not Lilla's fault. She wasn't present with her father. She's innocent." I explained. But Dracula chuckled in amusement.

"She did tell you so much. How did you know she's innocent?." Dracula asked while raising his left eyebrow.

"She's telling the truth. I can hear it in her voice." I explained.

"Then tell her to reveal the whole truth." Dracula said and walked away into the darkness of his room.

I turn to Liam and saw the complete lust in his eyes. He's busy craving for lilla's blood.

"Snap out of it Liam. And help me get her back to regain consciousness." I ordered and Liam obediently followed me to my bedroom.

I place Lilla on my bed and Liam came close to her and started inspecting her face and neck.

"What are you doing?." I asked feeling insecure he'll try to hurt her.

Liam turn to me and scoff angrily at my sudden statement.

"I thought you asked me for help earlier." He irritatedly mimicked my word.

"Yes I did say so. But I didn't ask you to  explore her entire body." Lucian rudely retorted.

"I'm trying to focus here jealous man. Why would I find your pet attractive?." Liam said. "Besides she's not worth my attention." Liam continued.

"Who the hell are you calling jealous man?. Do you think I like her. Hell no. She's not also worth my time. But I need something important from her." I said.

But deep down in me, I didn't mean a word I just said. I don't want Liam or Dracula to notice anything between I and Lilla closeness. So it would be better to stay out of the spotlight.

"Something important you say?. What else do you need from her except the information about the death of our people. Dracula finally found the truth and offered to tell you on just one condition which is to give the girl to him. But you refused. Why is that?." Liam ranted and for some seconds, we were both quiet.

"Dracula will kill her if I give Lilla to him." I said trying to bring up a lame excuse.

"And why do you fucking care?." Liam yelled. "This woman is the reason your wife and child died. What do you need her for?." Liam yelled at me while pointing fingers at sleeping Lilla.

"Point of correction, she didn't kill my wife or unborn child. Her father did. And this woman here, didn't give me any reason to let her die in Dracula torture. She also wanted to avenge her late mother who was murdered by her father. If I let this woman die, I won't be able to live with myself. Why should I avenge my loved ones and let her die for her father's sin?." I asked and Liam slowly became calm.

Without saying another word, he turn to Lilla and call out the enchanted healing spell. And five minutes later, he left my room silently.

And I was left alone with Lilla who's taking a long nap to heal.

STAY UP FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. AND PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THIS STORY. 😘😘😘...