Chapter sixteen: Your punishment.

No ones P.O.V...

Lilla open her eyes to see the the same darkness as usual. She touched her growling stomach and sigh in defeat. Life has always been unfair to her.

Just then, two guards walked into the dungeon with a wood of fire in their hands.

"Who's Lilla?." They asked.

The whole dungeon grew silent. Lilla crawled to the end of her cell and grip her ragged dress tightly.

'This is not happening. What have I done this time to anger the guards?.' Lilla thought. One of them heard her thoughts and turn to Lilla harshly.

"You!. Come closer!." He yelled.

Lilla stood up with her heart beating fast and rapidly. She took four steps to the iron door and the guard flashed his fire light on her face to get a better view.

"You are Lilla. Right!." He asked loudly enough to startle Lilla.

"Y-yes I'm Lilla." She  answered with shaking voice.

One of them opened the cell door and grabbed her out of the cage by pulling her hair. He raised her head up and slapped her hard across the face.

"You stupid bitch!. Didn't you clearly hear my voice earlier?." The tall scary man asked angrily. But Lilla was too weak to answer. She shook her head and bow to him multiple times.

The other guard walk towards Lilla and handcuff her hands together. He scoff at how innocent her human face is and muttered.

"It's so annoying to watch that beautiful face of yours. You are a demon in a sheep's clothing. How ridiculous." He cursed under his breath.

"Follow me!." He said and Lilla obediently nod and walked with them up the stairs. Her cheeks are as red as cherries. Her eyes turn glassy as her tears drop down from her shaking eyes.

"Don't you dare make any noise before we get there!." The man behind her warned as he hear her slight sob.

Lilla used her palm to cover her mouth tightly so no noise will come out from her mouth.

They climb up the unending stairs for almost an thirty minutes. Lilla knees turn weak and shaky. She fell down and struggle to breath. The two guards stared at each other for a second before averting their gaze to Lilla who is panting rapidly.

"Carry her. We don't have time for this!." One of the guards commanded. The other guard lift Lilla on his huge shoulder and started walking.

Minutes later, they arrived at a huge door that leads to the a long hallway. They walked along the hallway until they got to a short door. While passing through the door with head down, Lilla suddenly gasp in pain.

"What's wrong?." One of the guard asked coldly.

"Something sharp cut through my left shoulder." Lilla mumbled.

"It's just a mere wound. It'll heal soon." One of them assured. And Lilla nodded slowly.

The minute they're all out of the dark tunnel, the guard dropped Lilla on her foot and ordered her to walk by herself. Lilla nodded and followed from behind.

The night is so dark and creepy. Lilla shiver at the cold night effect on her skin. So cold.
The guards lead her to the pool area where Lucian and his brothers were drinking and laughing at their jokes.

But they all stopped as soon as they noticed the arrival of Lilla. Their happy face grew cold and the tension became suffocating.

"Kneel!." One of the guard commanded. Lilla stared around at her surroundings. Why is it so cold around here?. She thought. But one of the guards kicked her legs so harshly that she fell to the ground and moan in pain.

"There she is brother. What do you want to do to her?." Liam asked while sipping his wine from a glass cup.

"Let me get a clear view of her face." Lucian coldly muttered.

One of the guard grabbed her hair and pulled it backward enough to show her face completely.

"Well, well, well.... She's still as beautiful as ever even when she slept in dirt!." Spat " Demon!." Dracula groaned irritated by Lilla's innocent face.

"What do you suggest I do to you now Lilla?. What you've done is unacceptable. Apart from strangling you to death, what do you suggest I do to you?." Lucian asked coldly.

"I'll accept any punishment milord. And I'll never repeat my mistakes ever again." Lilla confidently said.

"That's very quick for you to obey Lilla. But I'm not so sure the punishment will digest well to your feelings." Dracula sneered.

"Ah... Lucian, you seems to be a little drunk from the alcohol you already consumed. How about you let the maids take the human away for now so you can come up with a suitable punishment for your slave?." Liam suggested.

Lucian look up at the soldiers around them and also at the face of Lilla face. He scoff irritatedly and said.

"Take her away." Lucian ordered and Liam immediately called for the head maid and whispered something into her ears. She nodded and left. Lucian saw what happened but his sense of questioning what's going on is weak. He just kept gulping down strong alcohol as if nothing happened.

__________________________________

Have a nice day guys. Please don't forget to vote 😘😘😘😘.