𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

September 8thFriday

September 8th
Friday

Why would I say all these things to have you feelin' a way?
Why would I tell you I'm 30 away if I'm not on the way?
Why do I settle for women that force me to pick up the pieces?

"Why do I want an independent woman to feel like she needs me? I lost my way." Phoenix sang along as she put on her shoes getting ready to leave for school.

"Phoenix!" Genesis called from downstairs. Phoenix didn't respond instead she just grabbed all my stuff and went downstairs to see her and Isaiah sitting at the dining table eating breakfast.

"Good morning ma, what you need?" Phoenix asked her while bending down and hugging her.

"Good morning baby, I just wanted-" Genesis started before Isaiah cleared his throat causing both ladies to look at him.

"You just going to walk around my house and not acknowledge me?" He asked with his arms folded leaning back in his seat.

"Wassup." Phoenix spat coldly, trying her best not to roll her eyes before turning back to Genesis for her to finish talking

"Don't 'wassup' me, I am your father and you need to act like it!"He exclaimed.

"Isaiah, cut it out." She scolded. He scoffed before getting up and walking out.

"Anyways Phoenix, I just wanted to tell you that your father and I are both going to be working later than usual tonight. We'll probably be back around 2 in the morning. Do you need money for dinner?" Genesis questioned while walking to the kitchen to wash her dishes.

"Ite and nah I'm good," Phoenix responded. "I gotta get going though before I'm late." She added, walking towards the door.

"Okay, I love you, and have a good day. Be safe lil girl!" Genesis shouted from the kitchen.

"Love you too ma, you too," Phoenix shouted back walking out and heading to her car.