𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

November 24thFriday

November 24th
Friday

"Hello?" Jaidyn said once the call connected. A few weeks had passed and it was now the weekend before the group left for Hawaii. Jaidyn had just gotten her hair done and was on the way to Kyonni's house for their Friendsgiving dinner.

"Jaidyn! Why are you late?!" Kyonni exclaimed through the phone. Kyonni was a very punctual person, however, Jaidyn was not.

"Ky calm down, I'm only 12 minutes late. Plus I'm pulling into your driveway right now so come open the door." Jaidyn laughed as she put her car in park and then pressed the end-call button on the screen of her car.

Moments later, Phoenix came out of the house to get Jaidyn. As she walked towards her car Jaidyn took time to take in her outfit. She was dressed in a black Essentials hoodie paired with black ripped jeans and her 'Dark Glow' Yeezy 700s. She wore her signature gold cross necklace and nose stud. Her brown shoulder-length locs were freshly dyed and retwisted and the color glistened in the sunset.

"Hey baby," Phoenix said opening Jaidyn's door. Jaidyn squealed leaning in to hug her. "I just saw you yesterday girl." Phoenix laughed but hugged her back tightly nonetheless.

"I don't care," Jaidyn mumbled snuggling deeper in her chest. Phoenix chuckled leaning down to sweetly kiss but Jaidyn smoothly slipped in her tongue making Phoenix pull away.

"See you always push it, get yo' ass out the car." Phoenix tapped her thigh. Jaidyn playfully rolled her eyes and got out of the car. Phoenix closed her door and they walked into Kyonni's house.

"Finally, thought I would have to send Kai out there on y'all." Kyonni said as they walked into the dining room where the food was sitting. Everyone had dropped off their dishes in advance yesterday. There was ham, Mac n' cheese, collard greens, rolls, candied yams, and a small pan of dressing since Jaidyn and Malakai were the only ones who ate it.

"Kai ain't doing shit, Kai is hungry. Sit down so Kai can eat." Malakai said glaring at them.

"Boy shut up, damn." Myah scolded him slapping his chest. He had been talking about eating since nine this morning. Malakai mugged her before turning away from her mumbling under his breath. They all sat down and prayed for one another, their families, and themselves before making their plates and beginning to eat.

 They all sat down and prayed for one another, their families, and themselves before making their plates and beginning to eat