twenty | (I can never look away)(things will never be the same)

/ I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you (I can never look away). / I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you (things will never be the same) /

I stayed for a while with Dmitry, drinking and looking at the night sky. We didn't really talk, instead, we enjoyed each other's company in this comfortable silence. Dmitry finished most of the drink as if it was water and not Russian vodka — probably one of the strongest liquors there was, while I only took a sip here and there, mainly because I still wanted my head attached to my neck when I woke up in the morning. After a while, I decided to head back inside. "I'm gonna head back inside. Someone needs to make sure none of these punks break anything."

Usually, parties at the packhouse could get really crazy especially since everyone knew that for one day, I would let them be happy and ignore the hierarchy. But even they knew that they should never cross the line such as having sex in the packhouse or going to the third floor. Most of them, especially the older and more mature ones, abode these rules and respect the boundaries, but some of the young folks usually especially those that were too drunk, usually did not. And that group was the one I had to watch out for.

Dmitry nodded his agreement. "Yes. I will follow you shortly."

I walked into the kitchen and headed straight toward the dance floor. Although the music was slightly too loud for my preference, I supposed it was fine and tried to ignore it. Instead, I let my eyes scan the surrounding, Alana was no longer there which was a relief because the last thing I wanted was to deal with her. Despite my guilt for ruining the wedding — or should I say, 'one of the most important days of her life'  as she claimed it to be, I was tired of her nagging and her sulking. During a pack meeting the other day, she even went so far as to demand my mate be removed from the property, claiming that we had never allowed outsiders before. I'd been more than pissed, I'd been outraged. I wanted nothing but to kick 'her' instead but I calmed myself down — and somehow managed to calm Khrysaor who wanted nothing but to drag Alana by her hair. After I'd laid down the fact that Xyrra could be my future Luna and that the only reason Alana was even able to be in the council meeting was that she was once considered as future Luna, Alana'd finally shut her damn mouth throughout the rest of the meeting or else Moon Goddess knew my patience could only go so far.

Shaking my annoyance away, I continued to look about the room and soon my gaze fell on a girl wearing what looked like either a witch costume or a graduation gown. Although her costume was unique, it was not her costume that caught my attention. It was the way she moved her body. She was dancing in the middle of the writhing mass of bodies without care and the way her hips swayed was both sexy and graceful at the same time. Each sway of her hip caused my body to stir. Out of curiosity, I squinted my eyes so I could see her better, wondering if she was a pack member who had been abroad and had just gotten back because I certainly would remember if she was one of the active pack members, and my body immediately froze when the girl turned her head slightly so I caught a glimpse of the side of her face and realized a second later that it was Xyrra. It was my mate. At this realization, I could feel Khrysaor who had tuned out this party walking away from the corner and moving forward.

This time, she turned around so she was facing me but her eyes were closed. I watched her hands touching her body, one hand was on her cleavage while the other was on her flat stomach. They moved slowly, sensually, teasing my every nerve. My gaze roved further down her body and my eyes took in her long legs wrapped in tall boots as I frowned.

What the fuck is she wearing? Where is the rest of her skirt?

'I don't know but I am liking this,' said Khrysaor with a growl.

I rolled my eyes at him and said through the bond, 'You like every woman. What you think doesn't count.'

Khrysaor went all pissed off and stalked away. I felt lucky that he decided to leave me alone because I was already barrelling through the crowd, making a path to her. She was already facing the other way and I was standing right behind her. Her eyes were still closed, her body was simply letting loose and following the song when her arse touched the front of my pants.