twenty seven | i forgot that you existed

this chapter is not a draft but it's free for the next 24hours, will have paywall after that so pls enjoy

°°°°°°°

I forgot that you existed / It isn't love, it isn't hate / It's just indifference

So that was precisely what we'd done the next day. Our first stop was Eros's place. My phone had been trashed somewhere in the alley where Ryker had taken me after I'd passed out. We'd gone back there with literally zero hope and we'd been right, the phone had been long gone. You might suggest for us to go to the nearest police station, and believe me, we'd done it too. Still, to no avail. 

I unlocked the door and we both went inside. "Er? Are you there? I'm back." I walked into the kitchen and saw no one there then I raced to the second floor. Eros wasn't there either. I checked the bathrooms and they were empty. 

"Xy, you better come down here," Ryker said, calling me from the first floor. 

I walked back to where I'd come from and saw him from the top of the stairs. He was standing at the landing with a piece of paper in his hand. "I found this under the table. Eros must've placed it on the table but it got blown away or something." 

As soon as I arrived at the bottom of the stairs, Ryker handed me the piece of paper. They were in Eros's penmanship. 

'That's it. We promised three days and it's been three days, Xy. You're not returning which means either that witch has taken you or you don't trust me enough to let me help you. Either way, I'm going to fucking kill that sorceress bitch once and for all. I'll do my best to get the secret to curing Ryker but should I fail to obtain it, just know that I am truly sorry. Eros.'

"We need to hurry before he kills Blair," I told Ryker. 

"Agreed." He nodded. "But do you have any clue where Blair might be? We should find her first."

"No. Blair is a powerful witch, she has been good at covering her tracks. With that much power, I should've been able to tell her when I first met her in that building's lobby but I couldn't even detect any magic at all. She's that good." I twirled my hand, summoning the Book of the Damned on one palm. "But Eros isn't. I can track him down. We should get to him first. He could help us." 

I got London's map from my satchel and did the spell that I'd used on Ryker before. In a matter of minutes, I managed to locate Eros, and together Ryker and I went there. It was on the other side of the town, and Eros seemed to be moving therefore every now and then, I had to check the map again and perform the location spell while Ryker was driving us there. 

Thankfully Eros seemed to be staying around the area and as we were getting closer, he stayed in one particular building. "That's the club," I told Ryker as I pointed out the club where I'd gone a few nights ago to meet Blair but she hadn't shown up. 

Ryker stopped the car, a few meters away from the alley where he'd stumbled upon Blair too. We got out of the car and judging by how tight his face was, I knew that he too recalled what had happened here. This was where he'd nearly killed that man. 

"It's still too early," said Ryker. "The club won't open for at least another ten to twelve hours." 

He was right. I looked down at the map. The sand still hadn't moved, indicating that Eros was still inside that building. "But he's inside." I made my way to the back entrance. Once I'd stored the map and the sand inside my satchel, I tried opening the door but it was locked. I summoned a ball of red smoke and then hovered my hand on the handle. The red smoke flew through the keyhole and a few seconds later, the door was unlocked. Ryker grabbed the handle and opened it. He held it open and waited until I'd gone through it before closing it behind us. He walked closely beside me as we entered the darkened corridor that led to the dance floor where I'd met Eros a few days back. 

All of a sudden, Ryker grabbed my wrist. I turned to him with a questioning look, wondering what it was about. He didn't say anything but he motioned with his free hand, pointing to the ceiling. I immediately understood what he meant. They were upstairs. 

At the far end of the dance floor, there was a metal spiral staircase that led to the second floor. I hadn't noticed that the first time I'd been here. We walked up the stairs quietly and that was when we started hearing voices. 

"You can either tell me or I will eat your heart." It was Eros and his voice was mixed with a growl, making me wonder if his wolf Ares was also present. 

Blair laughed menacingly. "Do you honestly think that I will die just because you destroy this body?" Her voice was louder, almost as if she was in the next room but there was no door. There was nothing but walls on my left. 

I placed my palm on the wall and let my magic go through me and into the wall. Evidently, there was magic on this wall, something that kept people outside from entering or hearing what was on the other side. However, the fact that I could hear them meant that the magic was leaking and it was possible that Eros somehow managed to weaken Blair in some ways. Judging from what I'd heard, Eros clearly had the upper hand. 

Putting more power into it, I managed to crack the protection, and a door that once had been invisible finally showed up. Without wasting any time, Ryker broke it open. We both got inside, not expecting what was on the other side, but what we ended up seeing was clearly something I'd never would've guessed. Not even in my wildest thought would I imagine seeing a naked woman tied to a chair with blood gushing out of her neck and thigh. There were a lot of wounds all over her body, including her face and her most intimate part between her thighs. 

"Right on time," said Blair with a small smile. 

I ignored her, tearing my gaze from Blair, and looked at Eros. He was half-human and half-wolf. Literally. It was as if he was halfway shifted to his wolf form but stuck in that in-between transformation state. There were furs on his arms and legs, claws sticking out of his knuckles and feet. He was still standing on his two feet and his head was still human. 

"How did you manage to get her?" I asked at the same time as Eros saying, "You shouldn't be here." 

Eros pointed at a black gem the size of a golf ball placed on the floor. "This is a special gem that would render any magic powerless." 

That did explain why the magic on the wall was leaking or well, less strong. Out of curiosity, I summoned a ball of red smoke on my palm and it faltered. The light dimmed, showing how weak it was compared to the usual one I usually summoned. 

"We can't let her die," said Ryker, getting us back on track. He looked at Eros before fixing his gaze on me. 

"She won't tell," Eros growled. He used his claw to cause another wound on Blair's forearm. Blood started to slip out of the open wound and drip to the floor. "I've tried. The only thing left is to kill her before she can cause any more harm." 

"Then please do it," said Blair. "Go ahead and kill me." 

That was a very odd request. Why would she taunt him to kill her? Then I remembered what Blair had said earlier about her not going to die even if Eros destroyed her body. Again, another odd thing to say. 

Eros grabbed Blair's neck with his clawed hand. "You will die. Your magic won't work, you won't be able to save yourself now." 

"How stupid can you be?!" Blair laughed. "I'll jump to my next of kin. It won't need any magic. I'll jump to my darling daughter." Then she moved her gaze from Eros to me, giving me a pointed look that chilled me to the bone. 

Shite. "No. It can't be!" I shook my head in horror. 

"You're a sorceress." Blair tilted her head to one side. "When will you learn that nothing is truly impossible?"

°°°°°°°

Dear Readers, are you surprised? also how are you, everyone?

Happy New Year! May this year be a good year for all of us, filled with peace, happiness, and prosperity.