forty four | come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you

'cause I can't help it if you look like an angel / can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so / come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you / can't help it if there's no one else / mmm, I can't help myself

After a while, I ended up falling asleep, and by the time I woke up, my whole body was aching. I stretched my body before I slowly rose to my feet. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and realized that it was four in the morning. My throat was on fire and I was feeling a little hungry, so I decided to head to the kitchen downstairs. Yet as I unlocked my door and swung it open, I was taken aback by the sight of Ryker sitting on the floor, his head resting on his bent knees and his back was on me. He was asleep.

Using a flick of my hand, I used my power to grab the blanket off my bed, then I placed it carefully around him. It must be chilly here and even though I was annoyed at him, I still didn't want him to get sick. Carefully, I walked around him and quietly made my way downstairs. I found some frozen bagels and popped them into the microwave.

Once I was done eating, I made my way upstairs again, but when I walked past Ryker's figure for the second time, his hand caught my calf and I nearly jumped.

"Oh gosh, you scared me!" Thank goodness I hadn't kicked him.

"I'm sorry," he muttered as he held the blanket and stood. He groaned as his muscles protested. "Look, you should go to bed. We can talk tomorrow." He started to move towards his own room when I surprised myself by prompting him from doing so. Ryker's silver eyes gazed down and stared at my hand, which was still holding his wrist. I quickly let it go and looked away, hiding my blush. "What is it?" he asked, his voice calm.

"I need to talk to you about something." I rubbed my arms up and down with both hands. It was cold out here, but I knew I couldn't possibly invite him into my room. Not with what had happened last night.

He seemed to notice my discomfort as he gave me a nod. "How about we go to my room? I can make you a cup of tea."

I frowned. "You have a teapot in your room?" I asked incredulously.

"Of course I do," he answered nonchalantly. "We Brits could hardly survive without tea." Then, as if he knew my hesitation, he added, "We can leave the door open if that makes you feel more comfortable."

"Okay." I followed him to his room and true to his words, he had a teapot, some cups, and saucers, as well as tin boxes which I assumed contained tea leaves. I sat on the sofa as I watched him put the tea leaves and pour some water into the electronic teapot, then let it brew.

Ryker took a seat diagonally across from mine as if he could tell that I was not comfortable being close to him. He probably thought I found him repulsive now, but I wasn't about to tell him otherwise. No, that wasn't why I wanted to talk to him.

"About that dream, where you," I cleared my throat, this still felt odd to say this, "you killed me, did we have sexual intercourse leading to that?"

His silver eyes widened in shock. Then he blinked twice. "Yes. How did you know?"

"Because I had a similar dream a few nights ago except that—" Gosh, how was I supposed to say this without causing a misunderstanding?

"Except what?" he asked softly. "You can tell me anything, Xyrra, and I wouldn't judge you for it."

"Except that in my dream, I was the killer." I took a sharp intake of breath. "I killed you. Or it was an older version of you. I'm not sure, but he looked so much like you yet at the same time he didn't." I looked away. I couldn't meet his eyes after telling him this. I let my eyes wander about his room. For a guy, his room was quite neat and clean. His bed was made. Every book was placed on the shelves, although there were two which were laying on his desk. He probably was still reading those. I squinted my eyes, trying to figure out what he was reading, and that was when my eyes caught the photo on the frame next to it.